• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Contact Rep Claire Levy (Boulder)

RockyMtnScotsman

As found on another CO OC forum (not my letter):

Contacted D Rep Claire Levy (Boulder) in regard to her opposition to the 2nd Amendment...

My Letter...

"Greetings,

Due to the recent events at Sandy Hook elementary school we now face renewed threats to our Constitutional rights. While I understand how painful the loss must be for those touched by this tragedy, blaming firearms or their owners and punishing them is not the answer to the challenges we face as a nation.

We already have laws that were violated by a man who was likely psychotic and heavily medicated. This man was stopped by the mandatory background check from purchasing firearms. He then decided to murder his mother and take her legally owned firearms to commit this tragedy.

If your true goal is to protect our children, then enact legislation that will do that. Banning firearms that are rarely used in crime (less than 1% of the time) is not going to stop such tragedies, that was proven in 1999 when the Columbine shooting took place under the 1994 ban. Do something meaningful, please. Make committing the insane easier. Put armed security guards in our schools. But do not strip us of our rights and property by passing additional anti-gun laws that have historically had no positive effect on crime in our nation or others.

Thank you."

Her Reply...

"The constitution does not give you a right to possess and use assault weapons."

Let her know how you feel.

claire.levy.house@state.co.us

Vader33

Her response made me sick to my stomach. New soon-to-be OC'er from Littleton. Just waiting on my holster for my Hi-Point C9. Did you reply asking her what her reference was? Last time I checked, the 2nd amendment doesn't discriminate against any firearm. And what's her definition of assault weapon? Because technically speaking, aren't all firearms used for assault of some type?

Last edited: