Thread: Student expelled for writing a poem about the Newtown shooting

S. Kitsap, Washington state

Student expelled for writing a poem about the Newtown shooting

This literally makes me feel sick to my stomach, I guess we gotta give up our free speech rights too.

No free speech or free artistry anymore, becuase if you make a poem that isn't even that controversial really, it's apparently a violation of the zero intelligence anti violence policy.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

High Point, NC

Re: Student expelled for writing a poem about the Newtown shooting

Perhaps it is considered an "assault poem"

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    The M4...serving scum the laws of terminal ballistics at 2,900FPS

Founder's Club Member
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Several thoughts in no particular order.

I guess free-speech don't count in Conn.

It mayb be blessing in disguise for her to be kicked out of a government school.

Sounds like teachers and administrators don't understand teenage angst; which is pretty stupid for a school employee.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

White Oak Plantation
    Uh.....not CT.
    But the contents of the poem prompted the school officials at the Life Learning Academy on Treasure Island, San Francisco, to suspend her.
    SF USD is hot on the case. I'm sure they will be sure to respect this kid's rights.

The poem was found in a personal notebook of Courtni's by a teacher, reported
    4A violation plain and simple. There should be a Oakland lawyer that would take on this case and he should get a hefty 60% chunk of taxpayer change.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Whatcom County
    Courtni looks like she has brain power, empathy, and understanding, and the ability to think outside of a structured box, school's can't have that.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

earth's crust
    Those who don't like the second amendment certainly will not like the first.

I was recently called the equivalent of a baby killer for merely using my 1st amendment rights by an admin agency.

And I have been called a terrorists, sovereign citizen, etc...just for using my 1st amendment rights in relation to 2nd amendment issues.

And the same goes for your 4th amendment rights ... say "hey, you cannot do that!" and you'll be branded a baby killer.

I got a poem for this school board...right below..waiting for my Pulitzer (they gave one to craphead Obamalama right?)

School Board
    School Board
    Fascist School Board
    You suck

North Carolina
    Our country has been slowly sliding into fascism for decades, while the girl's plight saddens me, it does not surprise me. Hopefully the courts will vindicate her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus
    "Well.... If you take my hat. Decide to wear my hat. Its in your possession ."

"I call popo say "he has my hat i left it at his house". They go talk to you. You say its yours. Sounds like a civil court matter."

"Now I instead say he robbed me... Well popo done go and cuff you up I keep hat or it goes to go to court I testify you done did rob me. You now have to prove you didn't...."