• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Student expelled for writing a poem about the Newtown shooting

saiga12boy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

This literally makes me feel sick to my stomach, I guess we gotta give up our free speech rights too.

No free speech or free artistry anymore, becuase if you make a poem that isn't even that controversial really, it's apparently a violation of the zero intelligence anti violence policy.
Pretty much. They don't want you speaking freely in school. I know because I was in there recently. I had a cousin who burped a couple of times while we were outside on a field trip while he, me, and a couple of other friends were behind a tree and the teachers told him to stop and he got up and yelled "nazi school!" The teachers put him against a fence.
I wanted to hang out with my cousin and the teachers didin't want that and told me to stop. I hung around the area for a while and was talking to him when a teacher said she'd give me and him a pink slip that basically says you have to go the principal's office. When we got back to school the teacher that said she'd give me a pink slip and told me to write something on it and I said "my first ammendment right to speech was violated" basically,i'm paraphrasing. Kids in the class were telling me "you're weird" and "that's stupid" and stuff like that. But I was never sent to the principal's office.
They didin't want to argue with me apparently. That's too bad because our principal's pretty cool.

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Several thoughts in no particular order.

I guess free-speech don't count in Conn.

It mayb be blessing in disguise for her to be kicked out of a government school.

Sounds like teachers and administrators don't understand teenage angst; which is pretty stupid for a school employee.

OC for ME

Uh.....not CT.
But the contents of the poem prompted the school officials at the Life Learning Academy on Treasure Island, San Francisco, to suspend her.
SF USD is hot on the case. I'm sure they will be sure to respect this kid's rights.

The poem was found in a personal notebook of Courtni's by a teacher, reported examiner.com.
4A violation plain and simple. There should be a Oakland lawyer that would take on this case and he should get a hefty 60% chunk of taxpayer change.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Those who don't like the second amendment certainly will not like the first.

I was recently called the equivalent of a baby killer for merely using my 1st amendment rights by an admin agency.

And I have been called a terrorists, sovereign citizen, etc...just for using my 1st amendment rights in relation to 2nd amendment issues.

And the same goes for your 4th amendment rights ... say "hey, you cannot do that!" and you'll be branded a baby killer.

I got a poem for this school board...right below..waiting for my Pulitzer (they gave one to craphead Obamalama right?)

School Board
School Board
Fascist School Board
You suck

WalkingWolf

Our country has been slowly sliding into fascism for decades, while the girl's plight saddens me, it does not surprise me. Hopefully the courts will vindicate her.