• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bills are not being classified properly yet

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I've been having trouble keeping up with the prefiled bills this year. They aren't being sorted and classified in any useful manner yet. Hopefully that will change.

One, a downgraded Sunday Hunting bill has already been assigned and still hasn't been listed as a hunting subject.
That doesn't concern anyone here but there are others that do.

One that is still unassigned and causes me a great deal of concern, is still floating around in Bill Limbo. I don't want to talk about it until I talk to the Patron but a dangerous bill from last year is still a dangerous bill this year even if it's renamed.

Hopefully they get the system tuned so we can see what is really in the works before Lobby day.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Maybe they're starting to learn from the feds... if we can't find it, we can't read it, and if we don't know what's in it, we won't fight it...

TFred

I swear it looks that way TF.

The hunting bill only allows Predator hunting on Sunday.
There is a bill changing oversight of Magistrates in Temporary detention cases that is floating and there is another Castle Doctrine Bill with enough holes to strain spaghetti.