• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Meet & Greet, Something To Eat, Bring Your Heat! - Vancouver Open Carry Event

PDXGuy

I wanted to to let everyone know about the "Packin' Heat Meet & Greet" Open Carry event being held in Vancouver, WA on Saturday, Feb 16 from noon - 4 pm.

This is happening at a coffee shop in Orchards called Coffee Villa (good people and open carry-friendly). 13011 NE Fourth Plain Blvd., Orchards, WA.

Presently, it's a simple meet-and-greet to get to know each other and talk about gun laws, the government, politics, or whatever strikes our fancy.

I'm hoping to get a local sponsor in the Vancouver/Portland area and I'm thinking we'll have a rep from the Vancouver PD stopping by to give their stamp of approval.

Any other questions, shoot me an email. You can find Coffee Villa on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/coffeevillavan

Come packin' and spread the word! I'd love see this get some real positive attention! ;)

Regards,
Tony Thomas

Last edited:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
<snip>

I'm hoping to get a local sponsor in the Vancouver/Portland area and I'm thinking we'll have a rep from the Vancouver PD stopping by to give their stamp of approval.

Any other questions, shoot me an email. You can find Coffee Villa on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/coffeevillavan

Come packin' and spread the word! I'd love see this get some real positive attention! ;)

Regards,
Tony Thomas

Tony,

You do not need their stamp of approval. I have hosted several events in Vancouver, spoken to Tea Party groups and have had conversations with higher ups at the VPD.

nick

PDXGuy

One really nice officer from the Vancouver PD is a regular at the coffee shop.

I'm hoping he will be able to make it and know already that he's 100% behind the event.

Having him show or anyone else from the department just gives a nod to what we are doing. I think it would be a plus. ;)

Tony

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
One really nice officer from the Vancouver PD is a regular at the coffee shop.

I'm hoping he will be able to make it and know already that he's 100% behind the event.

Having him show or anyone else from the department just gives a nod to what we are doing. I think it would be a plus. ;)

Tony

A regular is very nice. But please don't think you need their stamp of approval to do something that is legal. I look forward to meeting you.

nick

PDXGuy

Oh no. I know I don't need their approval.

It's just nice if all involved saw that the cops were on our side, especially since I'm going to let the local media in on it.

I'm also going to be vlogging the event for my YouTube channel. If the mainstream media sees a chance to spin it, they probably will take it.

See you there! ;)

Last edited:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Reminder that this is tomorrow in Vancouver. I will be going down with Deros, Bill, and Squeak...I hope.

Just learned today that this guy....Tony.... does not even own a gun according to an interview he did on Portland radio. Ugh.

Will report back after the event.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Pictures?

858008_135561233279161_1378501152_o.jpg