Thread: Quick question.

Quick question.

Is it legal to Conceal Carry on your property WITHOUT a CWP. I thought i knew just about all I needed to know before OC,ing. But the question was brought up, and im just not sure of the correct answer.
    I am not a gun nut, nor am I a nut with a gun
    I simply rufuse to be a helpless victim, I may be unable to stop myself from being a victim but at least I wont be helpless

Here ya go.............

61-7-6. Exceptions as to prohibitions against carrying concealed deadly weapons.
    The licensure provisions set forth in this article do not apply to:

(1) Any person carrying a deadly weapon upon his or her own premises; nor shall anything herein prevent a person from carrying any firearm, unloaded, from the place of purchase to his or her home, residence or place of business or to a place of repair and back to his or her home, residence or place of business, nor shall anything herein prohibit a person from possessing a firearm while hunting in a lawful manner or while traveling from his or her home, residence or place of business to a hunting site and returning to his or her home, residence or place of business;

The link: http://www.legis.state.wv.us/wvcode/...ap=61&art=7#07

Thanks, I was going thur the WV Game laws, and it just was not as detailed as I needed it to be, for me to have a good understanding of the law.
    I am not a gun nut, nor am I a nut with a gun
    I simply rufuse to be a helpless victim, I may be unable to stop myself from being a victim but at least I wont be helpless