• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Quick question.

eamelhorn

Is it legal to Conceal Carry on your property WITHOUT a CWP. I thought i knew just about all I needed to know before OC,ing. But the question was brought up, and im just not sure of the correct answer.

Ex Pat

Here ya go.............

§61-7-6. Exceptions as to prohibitions against carrying concealed deadly weapons.
The licensure provisions set forth in this article do not apply to:

(1) Any person carrying a deadly weapon upon his or her own premises; nor shall anything herein prevent a person from carrying any firearm, unloaded, from the place of purchase to his or her home, residence or place of business or to a place of repair and back to his or her home, residence or place of business, nor shall anything herein prohibit a person from possessing a firearm while hunting in a lawful manner or while traveling from his or her home, residence or place of business to a hunting site and returning to his or her home, residence or place of business;

The link: http://www.legis.state.wv.us/wvcode/Code.cfm?chap=61&art=7#07

eamelhorn

Thanks, I was going thur the WV Game laws, and it just was not as detailed as I needed it to be, for me to have a good understanding of the law.