• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Connecticut Carry - Looney's proposed legislation

Rich B

motoxmann

it truly makes me sick how the media twists everything so much and only includes info that supports their personal opinions in an attempt to convince the general public that the media's opinions are the only reasonable one

BFDMikeCT

I would like to know where all these NRA and avid gunowners are that say we need stricter gun control and no 30 round clips and assault rifles like one article claims. They must be complete idiots.

LESGTINCT

I would like to know where all these NRA and avid gunowners are that say we need stricter gun control and no 30 round clips and assault rifles like one article claims. They must be complete idiots.

I am listening to 1080 Radio, Rowland and the Attorney General said that there is no need for a 30 round magazine and expect to see a ban on them.

JeepinMaxx

Rich - Well Done on NBC30! Thank you for your on going support for open carry and 2A! Seriously your NBC30 interview will be instrumental for CT 2A issues...

Thank you again

Frank

Last edited:

motoxmann

excellent job :)
the very last sentence you said before the video ended is key, I hope if nothing else that at least that statement is understood and agreed upon by people

brk913

Rich as usual you are on the ball with this BS, keep up the good work, I am sure I will see you at the LOB soon...

Looney's comments, my replies:

"A gun without ammunition is only a club"
FBI: More Killed With Hammers, Clubs Than With Rifles
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/assault-weapon-deaths-statistics/2013/01/03/id/469982

"Our job is to be responsive to the concerns of our constituents"
No your job is to uphold your oath of office which I believe includes defending the constitution from all enemies foreign and domestic not to try to find ways to undermine it.

Johnny W

When Looney proposed this last year, someone testified about reloading and educated the lawmakers on the components of ammunition. So they responded by including ammunition components in the definition of ammunition. Thankfully Looney seems to have forgotten that in this iteration.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I am listening to 1080 Radio, Rowland and the Attorney General said that there is no need for a 30 round magazine and expect to see a ban on them.

You only need a high capacity mag when you need it ... when is that? Nobody can say.

The AG doesn't know what he is talking about of course. Any ban is unconstitutional .. unless the ban includes all in the US .. including our military forces.