• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Holster That Racks the Slide

Scout_Sniper

The people most affected would probably be the military, and I don't see the services adopting this holster. They want the chamber to remain empty until the last possible moment under dire circumstances. For whatever the reason valid or not it is not going to change, and I doubt they want a round racked before drawing, or they would just allow a chambered round. IMO I thought it was silly to go to a double action semi auto and stay with the empty chamber drill.

I don't know about other branches, but Marines carry condition 1 in all closed bolt weapons.

WalkingWolf

I don't know about other branches, but Marines carry condition 1 in all closed bolt weapons.

Things have apparently changed, at least for the Marines, but I was not just talking about US military. For decades the military of many countries carried in either condition 3 or condition 4. A branch or other government military wants their soldiers to keep an empty chamber, IMO probably would not be interested in the racking holster. I don't know of any civilian police dept that requires condition 3, at least in the US, so not sure if it would be marketable to police. Except for a few relics, most handguns can safely be carried with a round in the chamber.

DWCook

Activist Member
This is pretty neat, I wouldn't mind having a holster like this for the range! I think the safety portion of it is pretty cool push down and pull up its loaded. Even though I prefer to carry loaded, this I wouldn't mind having at all.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...I think the safety portion of it is pretty cool push down and pull up its loaded...

I was thinking the opposite. I don't want a gun pointed at my leg while I'm manhandling it in such a fashion, even if the holster is doing it for me. I just can't picture that being foolproof enough. I want it pointed downrange during the loading process.

solus

If you pause the video at 0:31, you can see that the barrel is exposed. So yes. It does, in fact, rack the slide.

welcome to the site...tho just a minor point...you are aware the the thread you jumped in to respond to...is uh, almost 3 years olde?

but welcome none the less...

ipse

Last edited: