• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun ban in Illinois approved by lame duck congress?

sparkman2

Looking at it here from Virginia, of course it has a chance. The individuals who are going to introduce this legislation show nothing but contempt for the rights of free men. If this goes through it will be a path to confiscation of private property. Time to have a recall election on these people and do what the Democratic party tries to do every time they don't get their way...except the tantrum throwing, name calling and attempting to silence the opposition parts.

Dave Workman

That would be the 'lame duck Legislature"

Illinois Dems vote to penalize gun owners

Democrats in the Illinois State Senate seem determined to demonstrate to the entire nation why the Democrats are known as the “party of gun control” with the passage in committee Wednesday of two extremist measures that could outlaw a majority of firearms in the state.

http://www.examiner.com/article/illinois-dems-vote-to-penalize-gun-owners?cid=db_articles

RANDYT

My understanding is that the House committee members, as well as all the house members are so fed up with having there fax machines run out of paper, there voice mail boxes full for the last week, there email accounts overrunning that they where shaken and pull the plug on the bill.

Last edited:

RANDYT

We overwelmed them, and they didn't like it. They will come back harder the next time. Now we need to fill the voicemail boxes, run there secretaries ragged, run there fax machines out of paper at the federal level, and then they may get the message.

self preservation

We overwelmed them, and they didn't like it. They will come back harder the next time. Now we need to fill the voicemail boxes, run there secretaries ragged, run there fax machines out of paper at the federal level, and then they may get the message.

I agree. Just because you (Illinois residents) have them down now doesn't mean that they won't get back up and fight later. Like my daddy use to say, "beat the f**k out of them while you have them down."

Last edited:

kurt555gs

I'm just glad that is over. Now we get to see what Chicago spews forth in the 98th General Assembly.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran

This is Truth! You did well Illinois. Randy is correct, running them ragged is just a way to say "do your job, legislator"

junglebob

Now we just have to wonder what the newly seated legislators will try.

I wouldn't be so worried about the newly seated legislators as the old anti-gun, anti-freedom legislators. They need to worry about getting a concealed carry bill through the legislature in less than 109 days (by 7th Circuit Federal Court ruling) or there will be carry on a Firearm Owners ID (FOID) card that should include open carry and not just of handguns. The shall issue concealed carry bill HB997 already has 47 sponsors, in about 3 weeks. Will the antis come up with more garbage gun legislation? Probably so, and it will go nowhere.

Come March 6 probably 8000 or more gun owners will decend on the Illinois capital for Gun Owners Lobby Day!