Thread: Kaul: Nation needs a new agenda on guns

White Oak Plantation

Kaul: Nation needs a new agenda on guns

As I have stated in another thread re tolerance: A call for "tolerance" is routinely made by the intolerant.

Also, for your edification, a perspective from a Canadian living in the US.
    Iowa View: Canadian disturbed by our lax attitude toward guns
    Canadians are subjects of the Crown, with predetermined state approved "freedoms" unlike we here in the US who have inalienable rights enumerated in our Constitution that are to be free of state interference. Canada seems to hold a grudge from some past US slight. Or, are Canadians jealous of our individual liberty.....however tenuous our liberty may be.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Pierce County, Washington, USA
    I have found, repeatedly, that those who call the loudest for the removal of guns from our society are those who cannot be trusted with them. I guess they fear being the only ones disarmed in a sea of armed law abiding citizens, because they then have nobody to prey upon. This man is just one example of the "tolerance" of the anti-gun crowd.....these people would have been the ones cheering in 30's Germany as the Nazis came to power, or rooting for Pol Pot, etc. It's sickening to see someone freely tout such evil and have it accepted and encouraged by others.....and largely ignored by the media.