Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brady Campaign says "rape not that bad"

Brady Campaign says "rape not that bad"

I saw this and it made me sick. So, rape is only thirty seconds, you can live thru it. Do not defend yourself.

Who the he!! do these people think they are. I will send n email, a letter and a phone call to these fools.
    This is the garbage they are selling.

It was funded by the coalition for the removal of assault weapons.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coalit...85721394906556
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

It is a spoof page. It is not really the Brady Bunch's page.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by 09jisaac View Post
    It is a spoof page. It is not really the Brady Bunch's page.
    Guess again, it is a splinter group endorsed by Brady
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

I seriously think this is a spoof John...

seriously look at some of the other pics...

Or this

Maybe this is real and these people are just ****** up in the head, but even brady campaignists aren't that stupid.. or are they?
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Spoof or not, in the case of Warren v. District of Columbia, those women were raped for 14 hours.

30 seconds or 30 days; there is no acceptable duration of violation.

Activist Member
    Who are they kidding?

A rape will last forever as well, for the VICTIM! If I were a woman and a man was raping me I would rather end the rape by taking his life than by just letting him do his thing and go about his business, while "hoping" he doesn't kill me when he's done! Who cares if the EVIL person that decided to violate another person's body and mind gets killed while doing so? At least he will NEVER do it again and THAT is the BEST thing that could happen! I am sure it would make the woman that was raped feel better knowing this as well!

Or maybe a woman with a firearm can subdue the would be rapist before he ever gets to commit the act? Wouldn't she be saving herself a life-time of suffering by knowing she did what HAD to be done to keep her from being molested?

Who cares about some piece of trash that believes it is ok to RAPE women?

These people are ignorant! Let them get raped and see if it doesn't cause them a life-time of hurt and agony!

A rape only lasts thirty seconds? Sure, the PHYSICAL aspect does, but it will be replayed over and over again in the mind of the victim and will cause years of problems! This shows how ignorant the anti-gunners are! THEY are the ones living in a FANTASY LAND!

A GUN IS THE ANSWER!
    Last edited by KYGlockster; 01-03-2013 at 03:15 PM.
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

I think they were referring to "illegitimate rape". Legitimate rape would be something different. Looks like the KKK spoofed the Brady website.
    Last edited by beebobby; 01-03-2013 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beebobby View Post
    I think they were referring to "illegitimate rape". Legitimate rape would be something different. Looks like the KKK spoofed the Brady website.
    Amazing! Simply amazing the stuff in the liberal mind!
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Yup totally blame the liberals and not for a second bother to look it up so you can see that it is from a page of SATIRE.

Have you guys seen the latest article on The Onion? I'm glad this came to light.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/eve...for-sam,30793/

I dont work on Mondays, so its going to catch everyone by surprise when I come in that morning and start shooting, said custodian Karl White, 51. Ill seal off all the exits over the weekend and hide my AR-15 in my closet.
    /believing everything you read

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    I saw this and it made me sick. So, rape is only thirty seconds, you can live thru it. Do not defend yourself.

Who the he!! do these people think they are. I will send n email, a letter and a phone call to these fools.
    This is the garbage they are selling.

It was funded by the coalition for the removal of assault weapons.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coalit...85721394906556

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frabz-You-mad-bro-83b08e.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	14.1 KB 
ID:	9787

On a side note I can't believe (but I'm sure it's real) this article I stumbled upon. Or maybe theNAACP was just trolling. That would be the ultimate troll LOL.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/web/you...football-game/

Quote Originally Posted by sharkey View Post
    Have you guys seen the latest article on The Onion? I'm glad this came to light.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/eve...for-sam,30793/

/believing everything you read
    Kind of reminds me of this Mad TV Skit about the postal service

they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

got me. damm!!

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Amazing! Simply amazing the stuff in the liberal mind!
    Todd Akin is a liberal?
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    I seriously think this is a spoof John...

seriously look at some of the other pics...

Maybe this is real and these people are just ****** up in the head, but even brady campaignists aren't that stupid.. or are they?
    I don't trust her with or without a gun, she's got a state issued costume on, the courts have ruled she can lie to you in the course of her investigation.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    I don't trust her with or without a gun, she's got a state issued costume on, the courts have ruled she can lie to you in the course of her investigation.
    I think the spoof is something racial though...

I think the thing that MSG cited was a spoof of the brady campaign trying to make them look racist and sexist.

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    The solution is simple. Never trust anybody sporting a badge when they are investigating. The alternative would be to have them in the same unequal position as our military is in with their ridiculous RoE. Our enemies in the middle-east can torture, mutilate, decapitate and incinerate our soldiers, but we can't even use "severe techniques" in questioning? They can ambush us, but we have to get permission from higher up to return fire? There is definitely something wrong with that picture. Pax...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

there used to be a woman's magazine back in the 50's that would published helpful article for woman about rape and would encourage the woman not to fight back, try to relax .it will be over in a couple of minutes and then you can pick up the pieces of you life and then move on. I have no idea where they got there information, but it was wrong.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    I think the spoof is something racial though...

I think the thing that MSG cited was a spoof of the brady campaign trying to make them look racist and sexist.
    Duh!

I was ignoring that aspect and making a side note. I don't give a rats ass about the color of someones, eyes, hair, or skin. Other than I am personally attracted to women with some color.

Quote Originally Posted by Gil223 View Post
    The solution is simple. Never trust anybody sporting a badge when they are investigating. The alternative would be to have them in the same unequal position as our military is in with their ridiculous RoE. Our enemies in the middle-east can torture, mutilate, decapitate and incinerate our soldiers, but we can't even use "severe techniques" in questioning? They can ambush us, but we have to get permission from higher up to return fire? There is definitely something wrong with that picture. Pax...
    Yep, and we are forced to do this by the simple rulings of the system that instead of protect us from state agents, help them out.

Our soldiers are put in a bad spot, this is what happens when you have these "policing" actions. Bring them all home shut down the majority of our 900 bases around the world. I doubt the federal government wants them all home though in these times of change.
    Last edited by sudden valley gunner; 01-05-2013 at 11:50 AM.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by khicks View Post
    there used to be a woman's magazine back in the 50's that would published helpful article for woman about rape and would encourage the woman not to fight back, try to relax .it will be over in a couple of minutes and then you can pick up the pieces of you life and then move on. I have no idea where they got there information, but it was wrong.
    I have never been the victim of a rapist (nor, being bearded, do I expect to be, so long as I never go to prison), and apparently neither have the people who so ignorantly wrote those hints and suggestions. That was, however, pretty-much the standard "wisdom" regarding rape up until somewhere around the 80s. The physical violation of a woman's body may last only a few minutes, but (from what I have read and heard about the after-effects) the psychological terror and concomitant loss of ability to trust, night-terrors, feelings of worthlessness, substance abuse, and the disproportionately high rate of suicides and attempted suicides among rape victims, makes being raped a lifelong experience.

The form of communication known as "satire" shares a problem with written communications. Unless "The Following Is Meant As Satire" is specifically stated, it is practically guaranteed that a very large percentage of people who see or hear the subsequent performance will misinterpret what is presented. (On October 30, 1938, Orson Welle's "radio theater" adaptation of a 40-year old sci-fi novel by H.G. Wells - War of the Worlds - convinced the American public that New York City was under attack by aliens. Scores of adults reportedly required medical treatment for shock and hysteria. The hoax worked, historians say, because the broadcast authentically simulated how radio worked in an emergency. Additionally, there was no disclaimer prior to the broadcast.) Internet communications are similar to radio communications, in that a large percentage of the communication process is missing. Without visual support (body language - primarily gestures and facial expressions) the listener/reader must accept or reject the communication based only upon what is heard/read. In an attempt to reduce the impact of our written communications on the 'net, some clever person came up with "j/k", and . These are helpful... but, only when one remembers to use them.

Having perused the Facebook page in question, IMHO it is neither satire nor parody. If there is humorous entertainment value in it, it is so well-disguised that it appears to be a genuine effort to sway public opinion. Rape IS worse than "bad"... but, it's only at it's worst when YOU are the victim. Pax...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gil223 View Post
    SNIP...concomitant loss of...
    - 5 points for using a big word on a gun forum.

Now, dammit, where's my dictionary?
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post

Here
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post

That's at least the second time you've had to pull our your dictionary because someone used the word "concomitant".

The Brady Bunch hasn't seen the numerous reports of women who have been raped and MURDERED then...
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

1. "Conventional" wisdom has, for years, advised the victims of rape and/or armed robbery not to resist but to go along with the attacker's demands. The robbery part was especially true in convenience stores.

2. Yes, males, of various ages from preteen up, do get raped outside of prison. If anything, it is as devastating for a male to be raped as it is for a woman. I knew people of both genders who, unable, even with help, to deal with the aftermath of rape, took their lives.

3. In today's world, either the rapist or the robber is more likely to murder their victim than to just go away and leave them alive to testify against them in court. And then there are some of either variety who get a thrill out of the act of taking a life.

4. I don't know if all this was satire or if the Brady Campaign is really that screwed up in the head, but I tend to lean heavily toward the latter assumption. After all, these are people who do not want the ordinary citizens able to defend themselves, yet see no hypocrisy in having armed guards or in carrying a weapon themselves.
    "Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast