• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Brady Campaign says "rape not that bad"

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran

EMNofSeattle

I seriously think this is a spoof John...

seriously look at some of the other pics...

64534_185764124902283_1821214047_n.png

Or this

551166_185773024901393_602576647_n.jpg

Maybe this is real and these people are just ****** up in the head, but even brady campaignists aren't that stupid.. or are they?

PistolPackingMomma

Spoof or not, in the case of Warren v. District of Columbia, those women were raped for 14 hours.

30 seconds or 30 days; there is no acceptable duration of violation.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Who are they kidding?

A rape will last forever as well, for the VICTIM! If I were a woman and a man was raping me I would rather end the rape by taking his life than by just letting him do his thing and go about his business, while "hoping" he doesn't kill me when he's done! Who cares if the EVIL person that decided to violate another person's body and mind gets killed while doing so? At least he will NEVER do it again and THAT is the BEST thing that could happen! I am sure it would make the woman that was raped feel better knowing this as well!

Or maybe a woman with a firearm can subdue the would be rapist before he ever gets to commit the act? Wouldn't she be saving herself a life-time of suffering by knowing she did what HAD to be done to keep her from being molested?

Who cares about some piece of trash that believes it is ok to RAPE women?

These people are ignorant! Let them get raped and see if it doesn't cause them a life-time of hurt and agony!

A rape only lasts thirty seconds? Sure, the PHYSICAL aspect does, but it will be replayed over and over again in the mind of the victim and will cause years of problems! This shows how ignorant the anti-gunners are! THEY are the ones living in a FANTASY LAND!

A GUN IS THE ANSWER!

Last edited:

beebobby

I think they were referring to "illegitimate rape". Legitimate rape would be something different. Looks like the KKK spoofed the Brady website.

Last edited:

KTCerberus

Yup totally blame the liberals and not for a second bother to look it up so you can see that it is from a page of SATIRE.

sharkey

sharkey

I saw this and it made me sick. So, rape is only thirty seconds, you can live thru it. Do not defend yourself.

Who the he!! do these people think they are. I will send n email, a letter and a phone call to these fools.
This is the garbage they are selling.

It was funded by the coalition for the removal of assault weapons.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coalition-for-the-removal-of-Assault-Weapons/185721394906556

frabz-You-mad-bro-83b08e.jpg

On a side note I can't believe (but I'm sure it's real) this article I stumbled upon. Or maybe theNAACP was just trolling. That would be the ultimate troll LOL.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/web/you-mad-bro-meme-stirs-racial-tension-at-ohio-football-game/

EMNofSeattle

sudden valley gunner

I seriously think this is a spoof John...

seriously look at some of the other pics...

64534_185764124902283_1821214047_n.png

Maybe this is real and these people are just ****** up in the head, but even brady campaignists aren't that stupid.. or are they?

I don't trust her with or without a gun, she's got a state issued costume on, the courts have ruled she can lie to you in the course of her investigation. :p

Gil223

I don't trust her with or without a gun, she's got a state issued costume on, the courts have ruled she can lie to you in the course of her investigation. :p

The solution is simple. Never trust anybody sporting a badge when they are investigating. The alternative would be to have them in the same unequal position as our military is in with their ridiculous RoE. Our enemies in the middle-east can torture, mutilate, decapitate and incinerate our soldiers, but we can't even use "severe techniques" in questioning? They can ambush us, but we have to get permission from higher up to return fire? There is definitely something wrong with that picture. :mad: Pax...

khicks

there used to be a woman's magazine back in the 50's that would published helpful article for woman about rape and would encourage the woman not to fight back, try to relax .it will be over in a couple of minutes and then you can pick up the pieces of you life and then move on. I have no idea where they got there information, but it was wrong.

sudden valley gunner

I think the spoof is something racial though...

I think the thing that MSG cited was a spoof of the brady campaign trying to make them look racist and sexist.

Duh!

I was ignoring that aspect and making a side note. I don't give a rats ass about the color of someones, eyes, hair, or skin. Other than I am personally attracted to women with some color.:p

The solution is simple. Never trust anybody sporting a badge when they are investigating. The alternative would be to have them in the same unequal position as our military is in with their ridiculous RoE. Our enemies in the middle-east can torture, mutilate, decapitate and incinerate our soldiers, but we can't even use "severe techniques" in questioning? They can ambush us, but we have to get permission from higher up to return fire? There is definitely something wrong with that picture. :mad: Pax...

Yep, and we are forced to do this by the simple rulings of the system that instead of protect us from state agents, help them out.

Our soldiers are put in a bad spot, this is what happens when you have these "policing" actions. Bring them all home shut down the majority of our 900 bases around the world. I doubt the federal government wants them all home though in these times of change.

Last edited:

Gil223

there used to be a woman's magazine back in the 50's that would published helpful article for woman about rape and would encourage the woman not to fight back, try to relax .it will be over in a couple of minutes and then you can pick up the pieces of you life and then move on. I have no idea where they got there information, but it was wrong.

I have never been the victim of a rapist (nor, being bearded, do I expect to be, so long as I never go to prison), and apparently neither have the people who so ignorantly wrote those hints and suggestions. That was, however, pretty-much the standard "wisdom" regarding rape up until somewhere around the 80s. The physical violation of a woman's body may last only a few minutes, but (from what I have read and heard about the after-effects) the psychological terror and concomitant loss of ability to trust, night-terrors, feelings of worthlessness, substance abuse, and the disproportionately high rate of suicides and attempted suicides among rape victims, makes being raped a lifelong experience.

The form of communication known as "satire" shares a problem with written communications. Unless "The Following Is Meant As Satire" is specifically stated, it is practically guaranteed that a very large percentage of people who see or hear the subsequent performance will misinterpret what is presented. (On October 30, 1938, Orson Welle's "radio theater" adaptation of a 40-year old sci-fi novel by H.G. Wells - War of the Worlds - convinced the American public that New York City was under attack by aliens. Scores of adults reportedly required medical treatment for shock and hysteria. The hoax worked, historians say, because the broadcast authentically simulated how radio worked in an emergency. Additionally, there was no disclaimer prior to the broadcast.) Internet communications are similar to radio communications, in that a large percentage of the communication process is missing. Without visual support (body language - primarily gestures and facial expressions) the listener/reader must accept or reject the communication based only upon what is heard/read. In an attempt to reduce the impact of our written communications on the 'net, some clever person came up with "j/k", ;) and :rolleyes:. These are helpful... but, only when one remembers to use them.

Having perused the Facebook page in question, IMHO it is neither satire nor parody. If there is humorous entertainment value in it, it is so well-disguised that it appears to be a genuine effort to sway public opinion. Rape IS worse than "bad"... but, it's only at it's worst when YOU are the victim. Pax...