• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Brady Campaign says "rape not that bad"

protias

The Brady Bunch hasn't seen the numerous reports of women who have been raped and MURDERED then...

SFCRetired

1. "Conventional" wisdom has, for years, advised the victims of rape and/or armed robbery not to resist but to go along with the attacker's demands. The robbery part was especially true in convenience stores.

2. Yes, males, of various ages from preteen up, do get raped outside of prison. If anything, it is as devastating for a male to be raped as it is for a woman. I knew people of both genders who, unable, even with help, to deal with the aftermath of rape, took their lives.

3. In today's world, either the rapist or the robber is more likely to murder their victim than to just go away and leave them alive to testify against them in court. And then there are some of either variety who get a thrill out of the act of taking a life.

4. I don't know if all this was satire or if the Brady Campaign is really that screwed up in the head, but I tend to lean heavily toward the latter assumption. After all, these are people who do not want the ordinary citizens able to defend themselves, yet see no hypocrisy in having armed guards or in carrying a weapon themselves.

Freedom1Man

SNIP

4. I don't know if all this was satire or if the Brady Campaign is really that screwed up in the head, but I tend to lean heavily toward the latter assumption. After all, these are people who do not want the ordinary citizens able to defend themselves, yet see no hypocrisy in having armed guards or in carrying a weapon themselves.

Why can't it be both?

Last edited:

MKEgal

Reading through this thread makes me happy.
I see comments from several men (at least, you're saying you're men ;)) showing me that there are decent men out there, giving me hope that you're raising your sons, nephews, and other kids with whom you have influence right.
Added a few more names to the "people I'd like to meet in person someday" list.

protias

I see comments from several men (at least, you're saying you're men ;)) showing me that there are decent men out there, giving me hope that you're raising your sons, nephews, and other kids with whom you have influence right.

Am I one of those people? :D :p

marshaul

Campaign Veteran

What do you expect from a self-defense crowd? :)

OC for ME

Real men not metrosexuals. You will typically find real men are not liberal or even moderate. Metrosexuals are almost exclusively moderates and liberals.

MKEgal

MKEgal said:
protias said:
Am I one of those people? :D
Nah... I've already met you. :rolleyes:

marshaul said:
What do you expect from a self-defense crowd? :)
I've seen some pretty anti-woman sentiments on OCDO once in a while. :uhoh:
It's nice to see that people have some clue about the effects of violence lasting a long time.

I used to know a guy who had been raped, and not in prison.
We had a few heart-to-heart chats about Things.

sharkey

Real men not metrosexuals. You will typically find real men are not liberal or even moderate. Metrosexuals are almost exclusively moderates and liberals.

[video=youtube;6yQ9a-hJVy0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yQ9a-hJVy0[/video]

Phew! I thought he was on the NRA's enemy list, and then I thought, but he's got a gun in his truck, how could that be?

I don't see him there after all.

http://nraila.org/Issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?ID=15

Last edited:

SFCRetired

I hope I'm one of the ones you added to your list. I would regard that as quite a compliment.

linerider69

Brady what a expletive piece of trash.Let's see Brady after he has been raped then he can make an informed decision.Unless he has been and liked it then,well i guess that accounts for his mental state or lack there of.

eye95

You do know who Brady is, don't you? Not justifying his organization, but he has been worse than raped,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Freedom1Man

I am not on the friend to meet list. I know that already I make jokes that are on the sexist side.

I have met rape victims and it really screws them up. Long lasting effects. I would rather everyone (even felons) be armed, than disarm even one potential rape victim.

Last edited:

NoTolerance

You do know who Brady is, don't you? Not justifying his organization, but he has been worse than raped,

That's a highly subjective statement, and I'm betting it wouldn't be all that difficult to find some rape victims that are every bit as "disabled" as Brady is/was.

eye95

That's a highly subjective statement, and I'm betting it wouldn't be all that difficult to find some rape victims that are every bit as "disabled" as Brady is/was.

Yeah, focus in on one subjective possibility for disagreement and miss the point entirely. Moving on. I made my point with others if not with you. Hopefully, I made with the poster to whom I was responding.