• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Russians Understand THE CONSEQUENCES of Gun Control Much Bettter Than Do Americans...

Gil223

And, so do the Aussies, the Brits, and every other country where gun "privileges" are severely restricted. Here's an excerpt from an article on PoliticalOutcast.com, titled "Illinois Considers Statewide Gun Ban":
This push for more gun control comes as statistics show that in Chicago last year, a total of 532 people were murdered. That’s about 1.5 people everyday. In more realistic terms, that’s 3 people every 2 days. That means that more people were murdered on an average day in Chicago last year than people were murdered in Kennesaw, Georgia in 25 years.
Even a writer for the Russian news outlet Pravda excoriated gun control trends in the U.S. In his article, Stanislov Mishin wrote of the history of gun control in his own country. There was a time, he said, when everyone carried a gun of some sort, much like gun owners here in the U.S. carry. But the height of their oppression came when their government disarmed the populace:

“One of the first things they did was to disarm the population. From that point, mass repression, mass arrests, mass deportations, mass murder, mass starvation were all a safe game for the powers that were.”

Mishin concluded by exhorting Americans not to give up their 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] Amendment rights and not to fall for the politicians’ fake promises of security and safety:

“No, it is about power and a total power over the people. There is a lot of desire to bad mouth the Tsar, particularly by the Communists, who claim he was a tyrant, and yet under him we were armed and under the progressives disarmed. Do not be fooled by a belief that progressive leftists hate guns. Oh, no, they do not. What they hate is guns in the hands of those who are not marching in lock step of their ideology. They hate guns in the hands of those who think for themselves and do not obey without question. They hate guns in [the hands of] those whom they have slated for a barrel to the back of the ear. So, do not fall for the false promises and do not extinguish the light that is left to allow humanity a measure of self respect.” ( http://politicaloutcast.com/2013/01/illinois-considers-statewide-gun-ban/#ixzz2GvwU0hW4 )
Since the dissolution of NYC's political Tammany Society (Democrats) in the 1960's, Chicago has had the dubious unofficial distinction of being the most politically corrupt city in the USA. From the Huffington Post (one of my least favorite sources of left-wing propaganda):
Chicago was given the unfortunate title of "most corrupt" city in America (and by extension the entire State of Illinois, as HOME OF the most corrupt city) in a new study by the University of Illinois at Chicago and the University of Illinois' Institute of Government and Public Affairs.
The report cites federal data showing that, between 1976 and 2010, there were 1,531 convictions for public corruption in "the federal district dominated by Chicago," according to the Associated Press. Since the 1970s, four of seven Illinois governors have been convicted, along with 31 members of Chicago's city council.

"The two worst crime zones in Illinois are the governor's mansion ... and the city council chambers in Chicago," Dick Simpson, a former Chicago alderman, told the AP. "No other state can match us."
I don't know that I'd be 'crowing' about that if I were a former Chicago alderman. The public reaction to such a statement would likely be, "Hey, look! Here's one that didn't get caught!"... if the Chicago public would even be moved to have a reaction to the fact that Chicago was horribly corrupt, as it was probably long-standing common knowledge. Chicago's political machine today hasn't changed one iota since the days of Al Capone.

The Russian's view of our RKBA is one we should focus upon, and share with our liberal friends (assuming we have any liberal friends), for his view is anecdotal - one of BT-DT. Illinois' proposed approach to curing their share of the "gun problem" is Constitutionally wrong... but, whattaya do when your confinement facilities are filled with politicians? Take something away from those who ARE NOT criminals, with the expectation that doing so will somehow deter those who are criminals. How about this - let's have summary executions for anyone who employs a firearm during the commission of a crime of which they have been convicted - whether the gun is fired or not. Guilty today, executed tomorrow! I can pretty-much guarantee that THAT would have a much greater impact upon the use of guns in crime, than punishing the LAC and/or their guns. Blaming the tool is the act of a fool! Just my thoughts.

And, to answer the unasked bleeding-heart question: "What if the conviction was wrong?" Waaaaah, waaaaah, waaaaah! File it under "collateral damage" - they shouldn't have done anything that would even have made them a suspect of committing a crime. ;) Pax...

Last edited: