Thread: No more lifetime LTCH's????

Angry No more lifetime LTCH's????

Just got a call from a friend. Her in-laws went to apply for a LTCH and was told by the police at teh station that 12-31-2012 was the last day to apply for lifetime LTCH. After that they aren't issueing them anymore. She says her husband was told the same thing both in Danville and Greencastle...
    Has anyone heard or seen ANYTHING on this???
    Murphy
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Go back to sleep....Your Government will take care of you...."

According to the state police, the permit is still on the website. I know that doesn't mean much but you might try calling them since they handle it.

Wow, seriously?

No. Call the state police. Tell them what the locals are doing. Sue the locals. PM me if you need a gunlawyer.

Update...

Called ISP...they said "Yes Lifetime LTCH's are still on..."

Called both Greencastle and Danville PD's. They want me to try to get the officers names that told them this. As usual, the family members didn't get it, and now are saying "Maybe we didn't hear it correctly, etc..."...Changing their story. I'm going to keep checking on this "just in case", and if something comes up, I'll give a shout.
    Murphy
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Go back to sleep....Your Government will take care of you...."

Not the first time this rumor has started. It would take legislation to get rid of it and so far none has been introduced. No idea why police stations would be giving out bad info. I wish CO would do a lifetime permit. Oh well. I might be moving back to IN anyway. All I'll have to do is notify ISP of my new address and the lifetime is still good to go. Gotta love that.
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    http://www.ColoradoGunOwners.com

A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

Colorado Firearm law.
    http://www.lexisnexis.com/hottopics/colorado/
    Lexis Nexis: Colorado law pertaining to firearms.
    Title 18, Article 12

Banned
    Can't you just provide the application to the town clerk? They'll accept it most likely. Keep copies.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Just got a call from a friend. Her in-laws went to apply for a LTCH and was told by the police at teh station that 12-31-2012 was the last day to apply for lifetime LTCH. After that they aren't issueing them anymore. She says her husband was told the same thing both in Danville and Greencastle...
    Has anyone heard or seen ANYTHING on this???
    Murphy, this is patently FALSE. Step one is demand to see the Chief of Police or if you live in the county, the Sheriff and politely remind them of Indiana Code IC 35-47-2-3. Show them a copy or pull it up on your phone. If that doesn't yield results, politely tell them they are mistaken and call the State Police on your cell for confirmation that you are correct and offer to let the Chief or Sheriff speak directly to the ISP. That should do the trick. If not, well they are in violation of the law. Indiana is a SHALL ISSUE state, so they must accept and process your application relative to IC 35-47-2-3. The ISP makes the decision on whether or not to issue after a background check.

Call your Indiana Representative and/or your State Senator. Their office can help straighten them out at an official level.

Please let us know how this turns out.

Thumbs down

The rumor is still going strong...

I had someone ask me about it last week...

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    Not the first time this rumor has started. It would take legislation to get rid of it and so far none has been introduced. No idea why police stations would be giving out bad info. I wish CO would do a lifetime permit. Oh well. I might be moving back to IN anyway. All I'll have to do is notify ISP of my new address and the lifetime is still good to go. Gotta love that.
    Are you sure? My coworker had her permit and then moved to FL. She came back a year or 2 ago and thought she was good. Bought a hg a month ago and has carried it. A cop friend looked her up and she was no longer valid since she moved out of State. She had to redo the whole process over again last week.

Quote Originally Posted by hogeaterf6 View Post
    Are you sure? My coworker had her permit and then moved to FL. She came back a year or 2 ago and thought she was good. Bought a hg a month ago and has carried it. A cop friend looked her up and she was no longer valid since she moved out of State. She had to redo the whole process over again last week.
    Did she notify the ISP of her new address?

Quote Originally Posted by cce1302 View Post
    Did she notify the ISP of her new address?
    I doubt it

Life time gun permits

WOW , the info. you all are getting on this subject is false, you can still get your lifetime permits , they just must be so back up with request that they are trying to keep you from coming in and applying for them, go on line and do it its much faster that way, you will still have to wait but you will get it.
    " A Well Regulated Militia, Being Necessary To The Security Of A Free State,
    The Right Of The People To Keep And Bear Arms, Shall Not Be Infringed ".

Quote Originally Posted by GLOCKMAN40 View Post
    WOW , the info. you all are getting on this subject is false, you can still get your lifetime permits , they just must be so back up with request that they are trying to keep you from coming in and applying for them, go on line and do it its much faster that way, you will still have to wait but you will get it.
    ummm...okay...