• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No more lifetime LTCH's????

Murphy

Just got a call from a friend. Her in-laws went to apply for a LTCH and was told by the police at teh station that 12-31-2012 was the last day to apply for lifetime LTCH. After that they aren't issueing them anymore. She says her husband was told the same thing both in Danville and Greencastle...
Has anyone heard or seen ANYTHING on this???

Murphy

Update...

Called ISP...they said "Yes Lifetime LTCH's are still on..."

Called both Greencastle and Danville PD's. They want me to try to get the officers names that told them this. As usual, the family members didn't get it, and now are saying "Maybe we didn't hear it correctly, etc..."...Changing their story. I'm going to keep checking on this "just in case", and if something comes up, I'll give a shout.

Beau

Not the first time this rumor has started. It would take legislation to get rid of it and so far none has been introduced. No idea why police stations would be giving out bad info. I wish CO would do a lifetime permit. Oh well. I might be moving back to IN anyway. All I'll have to do is notify ISP of my new address and the lifetime is still good to go. Gotta love that.

bobcat

Just got a call from a friend. Her in-laws went to apply for a LTCH and was told by the police at teh station that 12-31-2012 was the last day to apply for lifetime LTCH. After that they aren't issueing them anymore. She says her husband was told the same thing both in Danville and Greencastle...
Has anyone heard or seen ANYTHING on this???

Murphy, this is patently FALSE. Step one is demand to see the Chief of Police or if you live in the county, the Sheriff and politely remind them of Indiana Code IC 35-47-2-3. Show them a copy or pull it up on your phone. If that doesn't yield results, politely tell them they are mistaken and call the State Police on your cell for confirmation that you are correct and offer to let the Chief or Sheriff speak directly to the ISP. That should do the trick. If not, well they are in violation of the law. Indiana is a SHALL ISSUE state, so they must accept and process your application relative to IC 35-47-2-3. The ISP makes the decision on whether or not to issue after a background check.

Call your Indiana Representative and/or your State Senator. Their office can help straighten them out at an official level.

Please let us know how this turns out.

hogeaterf6

Not the first time this rumor has started. It would take legislation to get rid of it and so far none has been introduced. No idea why police stations would be giving out bad info. I wish CO would do a lifetime permit. Oh well. I might be moving back to IN anyway. All I'll have to do is notify ISP of my new address and the lifetime is still good to go. Gotta love that.

Are you sure? My coworker had her permit and then moved to FL. She came back a year or 2 ago and thought she was good. Bought a hg a month ago and has carried it. A cop friend looked her up and she was no longer valid since she moved out of State. She had to redo the whole process over again last week.

cce1302

Are you sure? My coworker had her permit and then moved to FL. She came back a year or 2 ago and thought she was good. Bought a hg a month ago and has carried it. A cop friend looked her up and she was no longer valid since she moved out of State. She had to redo the whole process over again last week.

Did she notify the ISP of her new address?

GLOCKMAN40

Life time gun permits

WOW , the info. you all are getting on this subject is false, you can still get your lifetime permits , they just must be so back up with request that they are trying to keep you from coming in and applying for them, go on line and do it its much faster that way, you will still have to wait but you will get it.

cce1302

WOW , the info. you all are getting on this subject is false, you can still get your lifetime permits , they just must be so back up with request that they are trying to keep you from coming in and applying for them, go on line and do it its much faster that way, you will still have to wait but you will get it.

ummm...okay...