Thread: Cops OCING Banned from Denny's

Cops OCING Banned from Denny's

http://www.examiner.com/article/cops...stages-boycott

Cops banned from a Denny's in Illinois by the Belleville Police chief got a rude awakening on New Year's Day when they were asked to leave. Ironically, when a manager realized five officers were carrying weapons, they were reminded of a so-called "no-gun" policy. For the disrespectful act, officers were banned by the chief in order to "boycott" the Denny's restaurant. Imagine that?
    Wow now even cops get asked to leave in no gun policy? I wonder if they would get charged with something if they got a 911 call there?
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?
    More restrictions on guns? how about restrictions on chainsaws and knives?

I have to admit a certain amount of schadenfreude....in a state where the citizens cannot carry whatsoever and the police enforce such unconstitutional laws, even once smacked down by a high court, I find it hard to conjure up sympathy. I have carried in Denny's restaurants here in WA without so much as a peep multiple times. Seems to be a one-off occurrence.

I was annoyed the other manager let them stay.

Cops should have ZERO ability to carry guns in places that law-abiding citizens can't. After all, if the citizens are disarmed, why would the cop need a gun? My goodness, don't children eat at Denny's?
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

they shoulda just ate at ihop instead. after seeing this ridiculousness, that's what i did this morning. whaddyknow? my money spent just fine there.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by compmanio365 View Post
    I have to admit a certain amount of schadenfreude....in a state where the citizens cannot carry whatsoever and the police enforce such unconstitutional laws, even once smacked down by a high court, I find it hard to conjure up sympathy. I have carried in Denny's restaurants here in WA without so much as a peep multiple times. Seems to be a one-off occurrence.
    You know, that is a good point.

Where are all the so-called good cops demanding they not be required to enforce unconstitutional laws that make the good people easy targets for criminals?

Illinois would have constitutional carry tomorrow if the cops demanded it. So, where are the voices of all these "good cops" pushing for repeal and allowing innocent people to defend themselves?
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    You know, that is a good point.

Where are all the so-called good cops demanding they not be required to enforce unconstitutional laws that make the good people easy targets for criminals?

Illinois would have constitutional carry tomorrow if the cops demanded it. So, where are the voices of all these "good cops" pushing for repeal and allowing innocent people to defend themselves?
    I didn't know there were good cops in Illinois.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post

Cops should have ZERO ability to carry guns in places that law-abiding citizens can't. After all, if the citizens are disarmed, why would the cop need a gun? My goodness, don't children eat at Denny's?
    I couldn't agree more.

Cops OCING Banned from Denny's

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post

+1, if I don't need a gun then nobody needs a gun!
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."