• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cops OCING Banned from Denny's

ocholsteroc

http://www.examiner.com/article/cops-banned-from-denny-s-belleville-police-chief-stages-boycott

Cops banned from a Denny's in Illinois by the Belleville Police chief got a rude awakening on New Year's Day when they were asked to leave. Ironically, when a manager realized five officers were carrying weapons, they were reminded of a so-called "no-gun" policy. For the disrespectful act, officers were banned by the chief in order to "boycott" the Denny's restaurant. Imagine that?

Wow now even cops get asked to leave in no gun policy? I wonder if they would get charged with something if they got a 911 call there?:uhoh:

compmanio365

I have to admit a certain amount of schadenfreude....in a state where the citizens cannot carry whatsoever and the police enforce such unconstitutional laws, even once smacked down by a high court, I find it hard to conjure up sympathy. I have carried in Denny's restaurants here in WA without so much as a peep multiple times. Seems to be a one-off occurrence.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I was annoyed the other manager let them stay.

Cops should have ZERO ability to carry guns in places that law-abiding citizens can't. After all, if the citizens are disarmed, why would the cop need a gun? My goodness, don't children eat at Denny's?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I have to admit a certain amount of schadenfreude....in a state where the citizens cannot carry whatsoever and the police enforce such unconstitutional laws, even once smacked down by a high court, I find it hard to conjure up sympathy. I have carried in Denny's restaurants here in WA without so much as a peep multiple times. Seems to be a one-off occurrence.

You know, that is a good point.

Where are all the so-called good cops demanding they not be required to enforce unconstitutional laws that make the good people easy targets for criminals?

Illinois would have constitutional carry tomorrow if the cops demanded it. So, where are the voices of all these "good cops" pushing for repeal and allowing innocent people to defend themselves?

Freedom1Man

You know, that is a good point.

Where are all the so-called good cops demanding they not be required to enforce unconstitutional laws that make the good people easy targets for criminals?

Illinois would have constitutional carry tomorrow if the cops demanded it. So, where are the voices of all these "good cops" pushing for repeal and allowing innocent people to defend themselves?

I didn't know there were good cops in Illinois.

unreconstructed1

Cops should have ZERO ability to carry guns in places that law-abiding citizens can't. After all, if the citizens are disarmed, why would the cop need a gun? My goodness, don't children eat at Denny's?

I couldn't agree more.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member

+1, if I don't need a gun then nobody needs a gun!