• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Update on DeBlasi v. BFPE

Needforspeed1060

the beginning of Decembers pretrial hearing the judge came out with an offer for both sides to agree on to keep the administrative reccord in place but to allow me to introduce more evidence in the board hearing. as I found out today the board rejected the offer and based it upon. Click photo for large view of the email
emailpng.jpg
Seriously?
My legal brief is due February 1st

Last edited:

motoxmann

what is this case in regards to? denial of permit based on suitibility? what is being used against this person to deem them "unsuitible"?

davidmcbeth

Banned
I have reviewed the filings in the case....I do have 1 question for the OP:

Do you own a handgun now?

And their answer to #s 27,28, and 29 is actually an admittance IMO ... if they thought it was a legal conclusion, they should have moved for it to be stricken, not list the answer that they listed. Its too late for them to re-respond to these complaint points to strike them anyway. IMO

And their answer to #30 is an admittance as well concerning the legal conclusions you make.

Same to others that they answer similarly.

You should file a request to admit .... if you can.

Also, how much did the transcript cost the OP?

Needforspeed1060

David, Yes I do own pistols that were legally purchased via eliegibility certificate (even prior to my BFPE hearing) my also first ever purchased gun was a beretta .40 s&w rifle when I was 19 on a 2 week wait so 5-6 years ago. As you may or may not know I am big into Steel Challenge matches and have been doing them for 2 years now as much as I can and travel all over New England and PA and even FL I just came back from a match in New Bedford mass where I placed 3rd in production class http://rodgun-nb.org/ap/results/2013_Jan_Steel_Challenge.pdf very proud of myself. But the main issue is in two things. One is that I cannot transport my legally purchased pistols and have to rely on my father or girlfriend of 3 years to drive me, Im lucky to have them and support me but work schedules conflict and sometimes can't make a match. The 2nd biggest issue is that I have access to a steel set and a field upstate that I can use but can't drive myself to practice (thats why I only got 3rd place more practice I could do a lot better) so it puts me in a huge bind. if CT law allow me to put it in my trunk unloaded locked up I wouldn't be fighting this fight I would be happy with that but there is no middle ground its ether you have a permit or you don't. yet I can bring home a gun in my car after I buy one. the logic isn't there.
I didn't pay anything for the transcript and the record is magically missing one of my written motions but is in the transcript so not too sure what to do about that. I would like to know more about the request to admit. and another other help or ideas you might have I need all the help I can get.
Thanks
-Dave

I have reviewed the filings in the case....I do have 1 question for the OP:

Do you own a handgun now?

And their answer to #s 27,28, and 29 is actually an admittance IMO ... if they thought it was a legal conclusion, they should have moved for it to be stricken, not list the answer that they listed. Its too late for them to re-respond to these complaint points to strike them anyway. IMO

And their answer to #30 is an admittance as well concerning the legal conclusions you make.

Same to others that they answer similarly.

You should file a request to admit .... if you can.

Also, how much did the transcript cost the OP?

davidmcbeth

Banned
I agree something needs to be done. what are your thoughts of my case so far?

I'll re-read the transcripts and the appeal & answer and shoot you a PM. Off the top of my head, I don't recall you arguing the transportation aspect of your case before the board (its something I argued zealously because I am in a worse boat than you -- I have no one to transport my handguns -- although I do keep guns stashed throughout the US).

I guess one could file a federal case concerning the transportation issue as well w/o the need to violate the law. The latest heller decision in DC (2011) is worth a good read (little bit confusing but ruled that safety training cannot be required for a core right) as well as the ezell (sp) case from Illinois (ruled that practicing is a core right) .. so I think its a baby jump to the right to transport.