• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greater Richmond OC Breakfast 9:30 Sat Jan 5, 2013 @ Golden Corral, Midlo & Providenc

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Greater Richmond OC Breakfast 9:30 Sat Jan 5, 2013 @ Golden Corral, Midlo & Providenc

Grapeshot may be able to make bail in time to join us for breakfast Saturday, 1/5/13. He has indicated a hankering for Golden Corral's wide selection of scrambled eggs and cinnamom sticky buns as opposed to the quality and quantity of nutrition offered to him while in durance vile.

Given that if he does make bail in time to join us for breakfast and we are not feeding at his favorite place to get hugs, we will never hear the end of his whinging and whining. Therefore, we assemble at the Golden Corral on Providence Road and Midlothian Turnpike. The main topic of conversation will either be listening to Grapeshot's descriptions of his recent experiences or talking about him because he is not there.

One way or another. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXewIR7Y7cc

stay safe.

va_tazdad

Y'all cvome on down!

We don't always talk about those that are afraid to travel South of the James. Well...... almost not always.

Seems too many believe the bumper stickers that say "South of The James by invitation ONLY!"

Be there or be square!

sidestreet

Wow, this could work quite nicely...,

The mrs. and I are planning to take 'lil miss sidestreet to get a puppy tomorrow, and the best part is, 'lil miss doesn't know a thing about it!!! Doesn't have a clue!!! She's been wanting and asking for one for quite a while now..., in fact it's the only thing she wrote on her Christmas wish list..., in really BIG letters..., DOG! GC is sort of on the way to where we're going. Haven't posed the question about breakfast to the mrs. yet, but it can't hurt. If we do happen to stop by, please, please, please don't mention the puppy at all. It's okay to ask if she got all she wanted for Christmas though, but we'd really love it to be a total surprise for her. ;)

Oh well, we'll see...,

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 v. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Sorry Guys but I'm still radioactive.
The last thing anyone needs is this. I'll be thinking of you as I sit here swilling nightquil.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Sorry Guys but I'm still radioactive.
The last thing anyone needs is this. I'll be thinking of you as I sit here swilling nightquil.

Drat! And I sent you a PM before I read this - asking you to bring your tazer. Guess I'll just have to dig out my stun gun.

And get well soon. We need you on Wednesday - both at court & dinner. And at Lobby Day.

stay safe.

scouser

might make it out there tomorrow. Logan wants to go for breakfast, but I think that's really a case of he wants to see Courtney because she brings him ice cream. I do know we won't be able to make dinner this week ... Tuesday happens to be his 3rd birthday, and I start a new job on Monday and have no idea what time I'll be home each day (one nice result of which is that I don't have to work weekends unless I want to)

Logan wants to go for breakfast, but I think that's really a case of he wants to see Courtney because she brings him ice cream.

yes I know breakfast is at the OK Corral and Courtney works at RCD

Last edited:

sidestreet

Headed to the GC now...,

Happy Birthday Logan, and many happy returns of the day!!! Sorry we'll miss you Peter, hope you're feeling much better very soon!!!

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 v. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Had a terrific showing - 11 of the best Virginia has to offer.

Good to see you all.

scouser

After most of the attendees departed I turned to talk to Grapeshot for a while, sliding my chair back towards the table behind me so I could pull Logan's high chair between me and my table (so he and Grape could make silly faces at one another, I won't lie about it). Well I turn to look back at the table only to see Logan with his hands on my glass of Mtn Dew, a straw in his mouth and my drink rapidly disappearing up the inside of that straw. Needless to say, nap time was canceled this afternoon.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Well Grape, I'm sorry I missed you and I'm glad I missed you. The last thing you need is the flu...which has caused my wife a fair amount of amusement watching me pick up coffee cups that weren't there.

I understand some of my political thoughts have been inspiring.:lol:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Breakfast was interesting - my first solo outing with the new equipment - challanging but expect it to become just another normal day routine.

Our server delivered enough "to go" food to provide at least 3 full meals including a variety of desserts, then tried to give the gratuity back. Put it in her apron pocket with a firm Thank you.