Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 66

Thread: Boycot Denny's? No guns, not evenfor Police officers in their place of business.

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    221

    Boycot Denny's? No guns, not evenfor Police officers in their place of business.

    http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes...e-officer.html


    An Illinois police chief has banned his officers from a Belleville Denny’s Restaurant after a manager told five on-duty detectives they had to leave because one of them had a firearm....

    “The Belleville Police Department is very disheartened by the lack of respect shown to on-duty sworn police officers, Capt. Don Sax said in a statement to Fox News. “Until further notice all on duty Belleville Police officers are banned from Denny’s Restaurant unless responding to an official call for service.”

    The incident occurred on New Year’s Day when five detectives were eating at the restaurant. A manager approached their table and told one of the detectives that she had to take her weapon out to her car or leave the restaurant.

    The detectives initially thought it was a joke, Sax said, noting that all of the officers had displayed their badges and several police radios were on the table.

    “(The manager) stated that he had a complaint from another customer about the weapon and she had to take the weapon outside or leave,” he said.

    The manager told the detectives that Denny’s only allows officers in uniform to carry weapons. The detectives said that wasn’t going to happen so they got up to leave.

    continued on link provided at the top.


    This is the Liberal mind in action, this is what we are fighting, a brain dead mentality that can not comprehend common sense, and RIGHTS provided by the Constitution. They have a hatred of your rights so deep rooted they can not be reasoned with. This is what we face every day and I am glad the Police got a taste of it so they know how we are treated. I am with the Police on the Boycott, and Denny's should demand that manager be fired. Until then I will not eat at Denny's and this in my opinion is a good start to fight back since now even the Police feel the hated, we have to deal with daily. Maybe finally some Police officers will understand what all OC'ers and even CC'ers are about, it is the preservation of rights...


    So I guess open carry is not okay at the local Denny's?
    Last edited by alphamale; 01-03-2013 at 10:55 PM.

  2. #2
    Regular Member griffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Okemos, MI
    Posts
    884
    I boycott Denny's because their food is terrible.
    "If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to."
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." – William F. Buckley
    "...go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." – Samuel Adams
    Wheels

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Wyandotte, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    456
    Quote Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
    http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes...e-officer.html


    An Illinois police chief has banned his officers from a Belleville Denny’s Restaurant after a manager told five on-duty detectives they had to leave because one of them had a firearm....

    “The Belleville Police Department is very disheartened by the lack of respect shown to on-duty sworn police officers, Capt. Don Sax said in a statement to Fox News. “Until further notice all on duty Belleville Police officers are banned from Denny’s Restaurant unless responding to an official call for service.”

    The incident occurred on New Year’s Day when five detectives were eating at the restaurant. A manager approached their table and told one of the detectives that she had to take her weapon out to her car or leave the restaurant.

    The detectives initially thought it was a joke, Sax said, noting that all of the officers had displayed their badges and several police radios were on the table.

    “(The manager) stated that he had a complaint from another customer about the weapon and she had to take the weapon outside or leave,” he said.

    The manager told the detectives that Denny’s only allows officers in uniform to carry weapons. The detectives said that wasn’t going to happen so they got up to leave.

    continued on link provided at the top.


    This is the Liberal mind in action, this is what we are fighting, a brain dead mentality that can not comprehend common sense, and RIGHTS provided by the Constitution. They have a hatred of your rights so deep rooted they can not be reasoned with. This is what we face every day and I am glad the Police got a taste of it so they know how we are treated. I am with the Police on the Boycott, and Denny's should demand that manager be fired. Until then I will not eat at Denny's and this in my opinion is a good start to fight back since now even the Police feel the hated, we have to deal with daily. Maybe finally some Police officers will understand what all OC'ers and even CC'ers are about, it is the preservation of rights...


    So I guess open carry is not okay at the local Denny's?
    Corporate should fire the manager on the spot for making an A$$anhine decision like this. This is a perfect example of a person with NO COMMON SENSE.

  4. #4
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Quote Originally Posted by BoiledFrogs View Post
    Heh, heh, heh. Oh, that was classy. Nice. Very nice.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  5. #5
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Quote Originally Posted by budlight View Post
    Corporate should fire the manager on the spot for making an A$$anhine decision like this. This is a perfect example of a person with NO COMMON SENSE.
    There is some clarification in another news story. The manager thought only uniformed LEOs were allowed by policy.

    The juicier part of the story is that the police captain retaliated by banning all his officers from eating there. Not just uniformed cops, but all of them. He didn't let individual cops decide whether they wanted to eat there--he banned all of them from eating there. And, pitched a fit about how Denny's would let register sex offenders and pedophiles eat there, but not cops.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  6. #6
    Regular Member griffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Okemos, MI
    Posts
    884
    C'mon. It's not like the first time this has happened.

    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/06/04...d-coffee-shop/

    Cops have been known to force law-abiding firearms carriers out of restaurants against the manager's wishes, even here in Michigan. Now they get all butt-hurt because it happened to them?

    Excuse me while I try to find some sympathy.
    Last edited by griffin; 01-04-2013 at 01:42 AM.
    "If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to."
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." – William F. Buckley
    "...go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." – Samuel Adams
    Wheels

  7. #7
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    C'mon. It's not like the first time this has happened.

    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/06/04...d-coffee-shop/

    Cops have been known to force law-abiding firearms carriers out of restaurants against the manager's wishes, even here in Michigan. Now they get all butt-hurt because it happened to them?

    Excuse me while I try to find some sympathy.
    Hey! That's right. I forgot about that. That's kinda how the Tony's Incident went down back in early 2007. The cops got a call from a patron (who hung around and finished his meal one table away from the OCers before calling the cops.) It was the cops who caused the big scene and then talked the owner into ejecting the OCers.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  8. #8
    Regular Member Sorcice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    382

    Boycot Denny's? No guns, not evenfor Police officers in their place of business.

    Don't boycott Denny's. they all follow state law. Frankly the Leo's got the same treatment many of us got and didn't like it. I open carry in Denny's all the time without issue but then I'm in WI.

  9. #9
    Regular Member FreeInAZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Secret Bunker
    Posts
    2,573

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I boycott denny's because their food is terrible.
    This ^^^
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 01-04-2013 at 04:04 AM.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

    “Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

  10. #10
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,279
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I boycott Denny's because their food is terrible.
    You probably don't eat in Waffle(Barffle) House then...
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  11. #11
    Regular Member Tucker6900's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Iowa, USA
    Posts
    1,249
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    butt-hurt
    Still LOL'ing!!

    Wait?!?!? They dont like the taste of their own medicine? Hmm......

    And to add....

    A law abiding citizen in this country has better odds at being killed by a police officer than a terrorist, lightning, hypothermia, heat stroke, plane crash, car crash, and a plethora of other stupid ways to die.
    Last edited by Tucker6900; 01-04-2013 at 09:02 AM.
    The only terrorists I see nowadays are at the Capital.


    The statements made in this post do not necessarily reflect the views of OCDO or its members.

  12. #12
    Regular Member lil_freak_66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Mason, Michigan
    Posts
    1,811
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    You probably don't eat in Waffle(Barffle) House then...
    MI does not have waffle house, unconfirmed rumor is that michigan has laws against "open kitchens" like waffle houses are setup to be, where you can readily see everything being cooked, separated only by the counter.


    me personally, i like waffle house usually, theres just a few locations that have shoddy service, one just outside of harlan Ky. has the best. all of them closely surrounding D.C. suck
    (sorry i went on about waffle house, im going to one this weekend and its been awhile...getting anxious)

    on topic, i read that a second manager confirmed that the leo were thrown out in error(which has happened to several of us in the past including me and theQ at a taco bell) and that the policy was to follow state law on firearms and welcome all law enforcement officers carrying.

    the police chief should not ban officers from patronizing establishments, being a so called free country even on duty it should be a personal decision rather than department mandate
    Last edited by lil_freak_66; 01-04-2013 at 09:04 AM.
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.


  13. #13
    Regular Member Superlite27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    God's Country, Missouri
    Posts
    1,279
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcice View Post
    Don't boycott Denny's. they all follow state law. Frankly the Leo's got the same treatment many of us got and didn't like it. I open carry in Denny's all the time without issue but then I'm in WI.
    ^^^This

    I OC in Denny's here almost every weekend. They follow state law, but they also allow manager's discretion. (A manager can choose to put up a sign, and corporate will back him regardless of a state's OC legality.) However, it isn't corporate policy to refuse carry.

    The manager at the Denny's I regularly patronize has no problem with OC. Niether do the Sheriff's deputies that often frequent the place.

    As far as their food, it's merely mediocre. Unlike Waffle House (correctly pronouncing the "waf" as in "calf".......don't ask, just do it.) which sux.

    At least Denny's updates their menu periodically and tries different items. (like the BACON ICE CREAM SUNDAE...which sucked. But hey, at least they tried it.)

  14. #14
    Regular Member SFCRetired's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Montgomery, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    1,770
    Why should any LEO be allowed to carry his/her firearm into any establishment where law-abiding citizens are prohibited from carrying their firearms? They are not some kind of "special snowflake".

    @griffin: Since you are looking for "sympathy" for the poor LEOs: It is in the dictionary between the vulgarism for "excrement" and "syphilis".

    On Waffle House: It is my understanding, from events that have happened in my area, that Waffle House is generally posted "No Weapons". One of our members here in Alabama was refused service and asked to leave on that basis. The sign is not usually on the door, but is located where you really have to look to find it.
    "Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

  15. #15
    Regular Member Ezerharden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Erie, MI
    Posts
    744
    I have carried at the Denny's in Monroe, MI and Toledo, OH with no issues. I think boycotting an entire franchise because of the idiocy of one manager is a bit over the top. Now if the whole franchise went this route then by all means.
    Want to keep informed of Open Carry events in your area? Go to www.miopencarry.org/update

    I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

    For Drama free gun rights discussion, see http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/

  16. #16
    Regular Member Raggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Wild Wild West Michigan
    Posts
    1,188
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezerharden View Post
    I have carried at the Denny's in Monroe, MI and Toledo, OH with no issues. I think boycotting an entire franchise because of the idiocy of one manager is a bit over the top. Now if the whole franchise went this route then by all means.
    +1
    My reasons to OC
    1. to raise awareness of the legality of open carry in Michigan
    2. To raise awareness that good people carry guns
    3. A deterrent to people so that I won't be targeted
    4. Because it's more comfortable than CC in most situations
    5. Because I can and want to
    6. Because it's perfectly legal
    7. Self defense

  17. #17
    Regular Member Evil Creamsicle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Police State, USA
    Posts
    1,270
    If this was MI, I'd say reach out to them, try and get them on our 'team' so to speak... though I don't think there's anything we can do with Illinois.

  18. #18
    Regular Member griffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Okemos, MI
    Posts
    884
    Quote Originally Posted by Superlite27 View Post
    ^^^This
    They follow state law, but they also allow manager's discretion. (A manager can choose to put up a sign, and corporate will back him regardless of a state's OC legality.)
    Too bad. They could support the lawful carry of firearms in all restaurants, period, just like Steak-N-Shake does. They do not allow their managers discretion to discriminate against firearms carriers, and if you are ever mistreated there the corporate VP will have a personal one-on-one conversation with the manager so that it never happens again.
    "If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to."
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." – William F. Buckley
    "...go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." – Samuel Adams
    Wheels

  19. #19
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,273
    How on earth would any cop in Illinois know what we OCers and possibly CCers are familiar with outside of Illinois.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  20. #20
    Regular Member Bikenut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,756
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Too bad. They could support the lawful carry of firearms in all restaurants, period, just like Steak-N-Shake does. They do not allow their managers discretion to discriminate against firearms carriers, and if you are ever mistreated there the corporate VP will have a personal one-on-one conversation with the manager so that it never happens again.
    Food for thought....

    How many folks call corporate to compliment a business that doesn't discriminate against the lawful carry of guns?
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    221
    It is just that, a silly rumor. I have been at several places where you can see the entire kitchen, the last one was the Original Pancake House in Bay Harbor Michigan. I guess most white castle's would be banned?

    Rumors make one look silly when quoted.

    The Chief does as he feels is right because this is a free country as you said. Why would you be so contradictory?

    Frankly anti gunners should pay dearly for their hate speech and hate crimes against Gun owners, carriers, and the Constitutional rights we exercise. So being fired is the least Denny's Corporate should do to that moron.




    Quote Originally Posted by lil_freak_66 View Post
    MI does not have waffle house, unconfirmed rumor is that michigan has laws against "open kitchens" like waffle houses are setup to be, where you can readily see everything being cooked, separated only by the counter.


    me personally, i like waffle house usually, theres just a few locations that have shoddy service, one just outside of harlan Ky. has the best. all of them closely surrounding D.C. suck
    (sorry i went on about waffle house, im going to one this weekend and its been awhile...getting anxious)

    on topic, i read that a second manager confirmed that the leo were thrown out in error(which has happened to several of us in the past including me and theQ at a taco bell) and that the policy was to follow state law on firearms and welcome all law enforcement officers carrying.

    the police chief should not ban officers from patronizing establishments, being a so called free country even on duty it should be a personal decision rather than department mandate

  22. #22
    Michigan Moderator Big Gay Al's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mason, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,954
    Keep in mind, this happened in Illinois, the ONE state in the union where it's illegal to carry outside your home, unless you're hunting. The one state in the Union that doesn't even entertain the idea of May Issue permits/licenses. The one state in the Union, my wife insists we're moving back to. (Can you say, "No way in hell?").

    i.e., It's Illinois, I could really care less. The whole state sucks.

    FYI, the above is just my personal opinion.
    Big Gay Al
    Coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
    Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    Fabrique Nationale d'Herstal FNX-45 .45ACP 16 rounds of hurt.

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    221
    Too bad Denny's Corporate didn't take a prime opportunity to say they abide by the laws of that state and don't violate those laws and rights...


    Quote Originally Posted by Ezerharden View Post
    I have carried at the Denny's in Monroe, MI and Toledo, OH with no issues. I think boycotting an entire franchise because of the idiocy of one manager is a bit over the top. Now if the whole franchise went this route then by all means.

  24. #24
    Regular Member Evil Creamsicle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Police State, USA
    Posts
    1,270
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    How on earth would any cop in Illinois know what we OCers and possibly CCers are familiar with outside of Illinois.
    They wouldn't. I addressed that. I was merely saying 'too bad this isn't in MI'
    ...making the assumption you're referring to my post, sorry if this is incorrect.

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    221
    I think it was a lesson that the Law Enforcement community will fail to learn. They are not special, they are citizens just like the rest of us and some day won't draw a check from Citizens anymore. Seems that they should be concerned about the rights of others. But in the good old USA we caught a disease I call "I got mine so f&ck the rest of you". I see it here with an idiot who was recently banned and returned under a new name. This mentality has crippled this country and blinded people to the rights of others so long as they have their beloved rights they choose to exercise.



    Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    C'mon. It's not like the first time this has happened.

    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/06/04...d-coffee-shop/

    Cops have been known to force law-abiding firearms carriers out of restaurants against the manager's wishes, even here in Michigan. Now they get all butt-hurt because it happened to them?

    Excuse me while I try to find some sympathy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •