• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Denny's

bwhunter65

Quick question does anyone know if Denney's allows guns in their store? Read an article that about a cop asked to leave LOL a little taste of there own medicine.
"In response to concern raised by our guests about an individual with a firearm, our manager approached the individual and communicated that Denny's policy does not permit firearms in the restaurant. Upon further discussion, we became aware the individual was a plain-clothed police officer.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Govern...e-to-Leave-Due-to-Some-s-Discomfort-with-Guns

WalkingWolf

Quick question does anyone know if Denney's allows guns in their store? Read an article that about a cop asked to leave LOL a little taste of there own medicine.
"In response to concern raised by our guests about an individual with a firearm, our manager approached the individual and communicated that Denny's policy does not permit firearms in the restaurant. Upon further discussion, we became aware the individual was a plain-clothed police officer.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Govern...e-to-Leave-Due-to-Some-s-Discomfort-with-Guns

As far as I know they do, they even included a mention of the 2A in one of their commercials on July 4th. Illinois it is illegal to open carry so I would imagine that had something to do with decision by the Denny's staff there. I have a feeling the customer complaint had more to do with the unfairness of the law, then actually the customer fears of a gun. Just guessing though.

Superlite27

Yes. Denny's corporate policy (as explained to me by the manager at the Denny's where I often OC) is to follow state law. However, Denny's policy does allow for "manager's discretion" and will back a manager who posts signage regardless of OC legality in your area.

So, if OC is legal where your at, and the manager doesn't object, you're good to go. If it is legal and you're asked to leave, it's not "corporate policy" whatever the manager says. He/she is BS'ing you and it's the manager's PERSONAL policy backed by corporate that allows manager's discretion that the manager is trying to pawn off as "corporate policy".

ncwabbit

First it occurred in ILLINOIS!!

second, of course the fine Illinois citizens are scared as they truly are not accustomed to seeing firearms on other citizens except from afar through new casts and other their other media propaganda sources.

third, sorry i do not contrite to 'manager's discretion' which could flap like a twig in a breeze...therefore, Superlite27, did you actually see a corp policy or was the mgr trying to appease you and get you out of their life at the moment?

twas quite easy to send an email asking what their policy is on open/concealed carry.

wabbit

ps: of course the authorities have a different side to their story...and their supervisor backs them to the hilt!!

Last edited:

Superlite27

First it occurred in ILLINOIS!!

second, of course the fine Illinois citizens are scared as they truly are not accustomed to seeing firearms on other citizens except from afar through new casts and other their other media propaganda sources.

third, sorry i do not contrite to 'manager's discretion' which could flap like a twig in a breeze...therefore, Superlite27, did you actually see a corp policy or was the mgr trying to appease you and get you out of their life at the moment?

twas quite easy to send an email asking what their policy is on open/concealed carry.

wabbit

ps: of course the authorities have a different side to their story...and their supervisor backs them to the hilt!!

???

I don't see where the manager, explaining Denny's corporate policy of following state law, ever tried to "get me out of his life" at any time, whatsoever.

As a matter of fact, his pleasantry to me whenever I eat there leads me to believe my presence is quite welcome.

Don't know how else to interpret his friendliness. Sure doesn't seem like he's trying to "appease" me, or "get me out of his life" by saying "hello" every time I OC into his establishment. I seriously doubt he'll be putting a sign up any time soon, as I'll simply go to another restaurant without one.

bc.cruiser

Carrying in Dennys

Please do not bring attention to the act of carrying by asking management of any policy. If the entrance is not posted against guns, simply Enter, Eat, and Exit.

ncwabbit

Yes. Denny's corporate policy (as explained to me by the manager at the Denny's where I often OC) is to follow state law. However, Denny's policy does allow for "manager's discretion" and will back a manager who posts signage regardless of OC legality in your area.

So, if OC is legal where your at, and the manager doesn't object, you're good to go. If it is legal and you're asked to leave, it's not "corporate policy" whatever the manager says. He/she is BS'ing you and it's the manager's PERSONAL policy backed by corporate that allows manager's discretion that the manager is trying to pawn off as "corporate policy".

i shall be candid mate...
1) you have posted this same tripe on at least two other out of state forums - really?
2) so you asked some bloke who states they are in charge in MO while probably OC'g e.g., with your firearm on your waist...he 'explained to you corp policy'...so you did not actually see a copy of it nor have they gone out of their way to produce a hard copy - correct? SO, if someone walks up out of the blue w/smile on and asks the manager "what is the corp policy for carrying firearms in your dinner?' it is an easy leap of faith they might not be please you are in their space w/a gun and might just want you to leave their immediate area...so will articulate 'oh we follow state law!'
3)therefore, you do not have a clue what Denny's policy actually states!!
4)further, again, with even a minor leap of faith, i have difficulty believing any corp policy would state anything like: 'oh if the shift manager doesn't like ppl carrying on our property then they have the discretion to go against this corp policy - and oh ya we will support their decision even it contravenes state statute!!'

wabbit

ps might as well go to local law enforcement about their thoughts of OC/CC laws and then w/o any research bet your next pay check they are correct in their guidance.

Last edited:

Superlite27

I suggest you get a dictionary and compare "candid" to "rude". They are not synonymous. Therefore, let me be "candid".
1) you have posted this same tripe on at least two other out of state forums - really?
I didn't realize you were a member of the travel police. You know, the OC patrol that enforced the rules against OC'ers travelling to different states? After all, we shouldn't post in other places were not welcome, right? I forgot that it is impossible to OC in more than one state since you are the enforcer of "keeping with our own kind". After all, I don't carry documentation in my pocket that proves I OC, on a regular basis, in North Dakota, Minnesota, Michigan, Iowa, my own state of Missouri, Kentucky, Tennessee, and have done so on an infrequent basis in other states (to include even ILLINOIS a few times on private property.) But that's O. This must be "tripe" since I fail to carry all the required documents to appease the wabbit enforcers of OC in one's proper place.
2) so you asked some bloke who states they are in charge in MO while probably OC'g e.g., with your firearm on your waist...he 'explained to you corp policy'...so you did not actually see a copy of it nor have they gone out of their way to produce a hard copy - correct?

Yup. Crazy me walked up to the manager at the Denny's I OC at, and asked why I've seen Denny's at other locations posted when it's perfectly fine for me to do so at his. But, as you have pointed out, he failed to provide documentation, so he was probably just "some bloke" that wears a suit and tie there every time I happen to go in. His explanation was also probably bunk as he failed to provide the actual hardcopy he carries with him in his pocket at all times. Or else, I'm a liar. That's the only other explanation your assumption allows.

SO, if someone walks up out of the blue w/smile on and asks the manager "what is the corp policy for carrying firearms in your dinner?' it is an easy leap of faith they might not be please you are in their space w/a gun and might just want you to leave their immediate area...so will articulate 'oh we follow state law!'

"Leap of Faith"? What's this "leap of Faith" you speak of?

Actually, you're finally right for once. Since I refuse to be one of those asshats that require friends and acquaintances to fork over documentation on answers to simple friendly questions, I guess I'll have to commit the grievous crime of "making a leap of Faith" they are telling me what they believe to be true.

4)further, again, with even a minor leap of faith, i have difficulty believing any corp policy would state anything like: 'oh if the shift manager doesn't like ppl carrying on our property then they have the discretion to go against this corp policy - and oh ya we will support their decision even it contravenes state statute!!'

I only have one question: Why do you get the piviledge of making all these "leaps of Faith", while requiring every other person you encounter to provide documentation at the expense of being subtly referred to as a liar? While you are using your dictionary to examine the meaning of "candid", I also suggest turning a few pages to the word "hypocrite".

One thing is for sure: I won't be posting in Michigan's forum anymore. Not only does it break Wabbit's idea of proper segregation, it also contains one too many "candid" individuals.

Superlite27

I suggest you get a dictionary and compare "candid" to "rude". They are not synonymous. Therefore, let me be "candid".
I didn't realize you were a member of the travel police. You know, the OC patrol that enforces the rules against OC'ers travelling to different states? After all, we shouldn't post in other places were not welcome, right? I forgot that it is impossible to OC in more than one state since you are the enforcer of "keeping with our own kind". After all, I don't carry documentation in my pocket that proves I OC, on a regular basis, in North Dakota, Minnesota, Michigan, Iowa, my own state of Missouri, Kentucky, Tennessee, and have done so on an infrequent basis in other states such as Virginia, and Georgia (to include even ILLINOIS a few times on private property.) But that's O.K. This must be "tripe" since I fail to carry all the required documents to appease the wabbit enforcers of OC in one's proper place.
2) so you asked some bloke who states they are in charge in MO while probably OC'g e.g., with your firearm on your waist...he 'explained to you corp policy'...so you did not actually see a copy of it nor have they gone out of their way to produce a hard copy - correct?

Yup. Crazy me walked up to the manager at the Denny's I OC at, and asked why I've seen Denny's at other locations posted when it's perfectly fine for me to do so at his. But, as you have pointed out, he failed to provide documentation, so he was probably just "some bloke" that wears a suit and tie there every time I happen to go in. His explanation was also probably bunk as he failed to provide the actual hardcopy he carries with him in his pocket at all times. Or else, I'm a liar. That's the only other explanation your assumption allows.

SO, if someone walks up out of the blue w/smile on and asks the manager "what is the corp policy for carrying firearms in your dinner?' it is an easy leap of faith they might not be please you are in their space w/a gun and might just want you to leave their immediate area...so will articulate 'oh we follow state law!'

"Leap of Faith"? What's this "leap of Faith" you speak of?

Actually, you're finally right for once. Since I refuse to be one of those asshats that require friends and acquaintances to fork over documentation on answers to simple friendly questions, I guess I'll have to commit the grievous crime of "making a leap of Faith" they are telling me what they believe to be true.

I only have one question: Why do you get the piviledge of making all these "leaps of Faith", while requiring every other person you encounter to provide documentation at the expense of being subtly referred to as a liar? While you are using your dictionary to examine the meaning of "candid", I also suggest turning a few pages to the word "hypocrite".

One thing is for sure: I won't be posting in this forum anymore. Not only does it break Wabbit's idea of proper segregation, it also contains one too many "candid" individuals.

hotrod08

I have open carried more than one time in Denny's while in Charlotte, one time with two CMPD officer's eating there during the week of DNC....No issues.

ncwabbit

so superlite27...
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/candid
Definition of CANDID
1: white <candid flames>
2: free from bias, prejudice, or malice : fair <a candid observer>
a : marked by honest sincere expression <a candid discussion>
b : indicating or suggesting sincere honesty and absence of deception <her candid face>
c : disposed to criticize severely : blunt <candid critics>
4: relating to or being photography of subjects acting naturally or spontaneously without being posed

i noticed w/interest after your rambling tirade, the only thing that came from it, besides you not knowing nor understanding what the word CANDID means, was you do not have any sort of clue of Denny's firearm policy...

wabbit

ps: your smile will be missed...

Last edited:

frogfish

I've OC'd plenty of times at the Denny's in Raleigh late at night (11pm-2am) with no incident. One of the late night waitresses CCs and always chats me up when I am there LOL.

Last edited:

Ruger

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
You know, I used to really enjoy reading the NC forum before a particular self-righteous pr1ck came along & took it upon himself to talk down to people at nearly every opportunity available.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

NCBobD

you know, i used to really enjoy reading the nc forum before a particular self-righteous pr1ck came along & took it upon himself to talk down to people at nearly every opportunity available.

^^^this^^^

WTFOVER

Superlite27 just ignore him. Some on here are so scared of loosing their right to carry openly they don't want you to ask anyone any questions. Plus some seem throw the rule of this forum around and take it to heart that you have to back everything up in writting. Best bet is to just plus certain ones on the ignore list.

ncwabbit

You know, I used to really enjoy reading the NC forum before a particular self-righteous pr1ck came along & took it upon himself to talk down to people at nearly every opportunity available.

ruger, NCBobD, et al., i'm sorry but if you wish to get your information about whether or not denny's corp policy supports OC like you learned about sex... be my guest!!

then please continue to listen to the gentleman from MO who posted the same comment on multiple states sub threads and as he confirmed he never saw anything per se which confirms everybody's gossip about their policy.

so ruger, NCBobD, WTFOVER, et al., you have evidence which confirmed what their corp policy actually is? if not then your main purpose was to throw barbs instead of contributing to the thread...and you think i am the distraction --really?

wabbit

ps: you also do not see me resorting to calling ppl names which i am sure enhances constructive discussion throughout this membership

Last edited: