Thread: Slightly Off-Topic: School shooter didn't have an AR-15.

Slightly Off-Topic: School shooter didn't have an AR-15.

Watch the video... looks like a shotgun, maybe a benelli or something.

Rifle found in Lanza's trunk not a Bushmaster

Surprise surprise, the newscast lies,
    How I despise what I surmise
    as desperate tries before our eyes
    to snatch a prize, our laws revise,
    our freedom dies, but truth belies;
    A bite this size is most unwise.
    --Evil Creamsicle

Re: Slightly Off-Topic: School shooter didn't have an AR-15.

V?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
    "Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
    —John F. Kennedy

"If a man neglects to enforce his rights, he cannot complain if, after a while, the law follows his example."
    —Oliver Wendell Holmes

I wrote that actually.

Actually, it's all pretty confusing. According to one medical report, some (all?) of the wounds were caused by rifle bullets, and one report says there was an AR type rifle near his body when they found him.

Seems to me, no one who was there can get their stories straight. Sounds like an anti-gun conspiracy to me.
    Big Gay Al
    Coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
    Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    Fabrique Nationale d'Herstal FNX-45 .45ACP 16 rounds of hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gay Al View Post
    Actually, it's all pretty confusing. According to one medical report, some (all?) of the wounds were caused by rifle bullets, and one report says there was an AR type rifle near his body when they found him.

Seems to me, no one who was there can get their stories straight. Sounds like an anti-gun conspiracy to me.
    I agree. Point was, the video in the article shows actual video footage of the cops clearing and removing the long gun from the car, and its clearly both: A- in the car, not the school, and: B- Not an AR-15, and actually looks like a shotgun.
    Last edited by Evil Creamsicle; 01-04-2013 at 06:21 PM.

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    it's definitely a shotgun. looks like it was "tacticool" pistol grip maybe. if you don't think there was a conspiracy... you may after watching this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urrRcgB581w
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Creamsicle View Post
    I agree. Point was, the video in the article shows actual video footage of the cops clearing and removing the long gun from the car, and its clearly both: A- in the car, not the school, and: B- Not an AR-15, and actually looks like a shotgun.
    But is the video from the actual scene? How can we verify the video? How do we know it's not a LEO shotgun being unloaded?
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by smellslikemichigan View Post
    it's definitely a shotgun. looks like it was "tacticool" pistol grip maybe. if you don't think there was a conspiracy... you may after watching this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urrRcgB581w
    I can't tell you what it is from the video, other than it IS NOT A AR15. From the distance the "shell" we see sure would appear to be much wider in diameter than any AR caliber I've ever seen. As usual the news/police issued questionable statements. Go figure.

Excellent work of writing EC.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    But is the video from the actual scene? How can we verify the video? How do we know it's not a LEO shotgun being unloaded?
    As usual, sir, valid point.

I suppose it is hypocritical to believe the article's writer did their due diligence, in a post about how journalists are misreporting news. I'll try to learn more about that video.

Re: Slightly Off-Topic: School shooter didn't have an AR-15.

Sorry Evil, wasn't trying to imply you were quoting V, rather that you were channeling V.

All the rhymes reminded me of his style.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
    "Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
    —John F. Kennedy

"If a man neglects to enforce his rights, he cannot complain if, after a while, the law follows his example."
    —Oliver Wendell Holmes

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Creamsicle View Post
    The removing of the shotgun from the trunk was bogus. By the radio transmissions 4 weapons were found in the first hour of the shooting. The shotgun was being removed from the trunk in the dark with spotlights. First reports were the Bushmaster was in the trunk, later it was claimed to be the shotgun in the trunk with the night time video. I am surprised that nobody has caught on to this, and pushed the state police for an explanation. It clearly looks to be a cover up.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

What you have is the media being in a rush to report things before they have a clue as to what is going on because they don't want to be beat by another network. Go back on any big news story doesn't even have to be one with guns and i'll bet ya over 3/4 of what you were first told was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by mirussell View Post
    What you have is the media being in a rush to report things before they have a clue as to what is going on because they don't want to be beat by another network. Go back on any big news story doesn't even have to be one with guns and i'll bet ya over 3/4 of what you were first told was wrong.
    I am not talking what was reported in the media. During the radio traffic that transpired from when the calls first went out, within less than a hour 4 guns were recovered by radio traffic. Two handguns, one rifle, and one shotgun, this all took place before noon, before the sun could set. Then a video was shown of a supposed search of Adam's vehicle where a shotgun was recovered, in the dark of night.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump