• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ten gun bills introduced today - action item

W.E.G.

Feel free to forward to like-minded persons.

Mostly bad bills to oppose.
Two good ones at the bottom of the list.

Go to http://www.congress.org/congressorg/mail/?alertid=61046526&type=ML and enter these short messages for your elected officials.
The system will remember your name, etc., so you only need to enter all that once.
After that, its cut-and-paste to hammer each of the respective the messages forward.

Please send a separate message for each bill

Please oppose H.R. 137(sponsor: Representative McCarthy)
This bill would prohibit the transfer or possession of large capacity ammunition clips.

Please oppose H.R. 138 (sponsor: Representative McCarthy)
This bill would prohibit the transfer or possession of large capacity ammunition clips.

Please oppose H.R. 141 (sponsor: Representative McCarthy)
This bill would require criminal background checks on all firearms transactions at gun shows.

Please oppose H.R. 142 (sponsor: Representative McCarthy)
This bill would require face-to-face purchases of ammunition, the licensing of ammunition dealers, and the reporting of bulk ammo purchases.

Please oppose H.R. 34 (sponsor: Representative Rush)
This bill would "tighten" firearms “licensing” requirements.

Please oppose H.R. 117 (sponsor: Representative Holt)
This bill would "tighten" firearms “licensing” requirements.

Please oppose H.R. 65 (sponsor: Representative Lee)
This bill would raise the eligibility age to carry a handgun from 18 to 21.

Please oppose H.R. 21 (sponsor: Representative Moran)
This bill would require background checks for all gun sales, and to require gun owners to report when their guns have been stolen.

Please support H.R. 35 (sponsor: Representative Stockman)
This bill would end federal law requiring that areas around schools be designated as "gun free zones."

Please support H.R. 133 (sponsor: Representative Massie)
This bill would end federal law requiring that areas around schools be designated as "gun free zones."

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
But --- But --- But, none of my rifles use clps, high-capacity or otherwise. They all use magazines. (I know. What does the person who gave us "The shoulder thing that goes up" know about guns?) (Hey! Maybe we could let her figure out which end the bullets come out of? Naw. We'd have to be Liberals & Democrats to do that.)

Ditto.

Thank goodness private sales can be conducted in between gun shows. But don't tell them.

Only if they also require face-to-face purchases of iTunes and eBooks, licensing of Tupperware dealers, and reporting of bulk carbonated beverage purchases (multiple containers of more than 16 oz each).

My firearms do not drive, fish, or perform any professional/occupational activities and therefore do not need a license. They also are not required to get rabies shots. Sorry if this is not te case where you live.

Ditto.

A "shovel-ready" job. I can hire out as a gun bearer.

As soon as they start requiring background checks before a politician casts any vote. (I was going to add that politicians should report all bribes received, but there is already a law about that they are ignoring.)

Hooray! Yes!!

Ditto.

stay safe.

PS - Yes, I am going to be sending all three Congresscritters my individual thoughts on each one of these.