Thread: A New Mexico Democrap trying to pass new guns laws

A New Mexico Democrap trying to pass new guns laws

A gun Owner Is A Citizen
    Anyone Else is a Subject

I guess it really is too much to ask for people to become informed about something and know the truth before trying to legislate against it. Another idiot who can't be bothered to do any of that.

Banned
    Ask him what bills he is proposing to limit our 1st amendment rights that have caused deaths too.

Another idiot in our nation just outed himself.

Question

OK guys who has the email address to the people in the round house so I can email them about this moron
    A gun Owner Is A Citizen
    Anyone Else is a Subject

Quote Originally Posted by RogueAussie View Post
    OK guys who has the email address to the people in the round house so I can email them about this moron
    This is a great link that makes it very easy. Enter your zip code and it will bring up all your reps from the federal and state levels. Governor Martinez's linked form was the only one that I had to print out and send via regular mail- all the others worked with email.

http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-l...your-reps.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by AH.74 View Post
    This is a great link that makes it very easy. Enter your zip code and it will bring up all your reps from the federal and state levels. Governor Martinez's linked form was the only one that I had to print out and send via regular mail- all the others worked with email.

http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-l...your-reps.aspx

Thanks Mate
    A gun Owner Is A Citizen
    Anyone Else is a Subject

Another dimwit who just doesn't get it. These people seem to become fixated on one thing- mag capacity, and don't think things through. What are the provisions for making people criminals overnight? Absolutely moronic.

Councilor Bushee proposes city ammo restrictions

http://www.santafenewmexican.com/Loc...s#.UPF-GFH59UQ

The buyback mentioned at the beginning is happening today at 9am. If it wasn't 0 degrees out I would have gone up there just to observe.

Angry

welll it looks like the dumocraps are going to be pushing this real hard just received this from sliver spur gun shows

The NRA-ILA Liaison for Texas & New Mexico was alerted to be ready. A NM House Judiciary Committee MAY vote on this Wed. January 23, THIS WEEK, in Santa Fe at the State Capitol in room 309 at 1:30pm. Please pass this on, if you can go, please do! I guess you can call the state capital to confirm.
    Tara Mica said the anti-gun people are being "loud" right now and that is one reason for quick action, so let's do the same.
    A gun Owner Is A Citizen
    Anyone Else is a Subject

Opt-Out Members
    We just got word that the bill will not be heard Wednesday. They haven't even gotten the FIR request in, as of this afternoon accordingto the ladies at the LFS - the agency that does the FIRs.

FIR = Fiscal Impact Report.

However, contact the legislators I've previously listed now and often. Now more than ever we need you to help us with the legislature.

Steve Aikens

ADDED: Forgot to mention, from what we're now told, the earliest this will get heard is Friday. I'll try to confirm that tomorrow and will post as soon as I can tomorrow night.
    Last edited by steveaikens; 01-21-2013 at 09:12 PM.

Thanks for the update, Steve. I also saw that Cook has re-introduced the "bar carry" bill and it's already getting heat for being a bad idea and poor timing. Any info and updates on either case will be greatly appreciated. I'd like to try to get to these if I can.

I have yet to receive any responses from Bushee, despite requests to hear from her, likely because I write in opposotion to her proposals. If anybody has seen a response from P. Bushee I'd like to know. I will be tracking her non-responses and highlighting these failures at future meetings.

Quote Originally Posted by XDm View Post
    I have yet to receive any responses from Bushee, despite requests to hear from her, likely because I write in opposotion to her proposals. If anybody has seen a response from P. Bushee I'd like to know. I will be tracking her non-responses and highlighting these failures at future meetings.
    I wrote to every city council member and have heard back from none.

In fact the only office I have heard back from is the Governor's, and that was in written form since that was how I had to submit my comment to her.

I also contacted the Santa Fe City Attorney G. Zamora to thank him being sensible and recognizing that the proposals by Bushee and others to restrict guns and ammo purchases/ownership were against the state constitution. Not sure what his overall stand on the gun control situation is but he is holding Councilors responsible for ahdering to existing laws. Good man, IMHO.

His email is listed in the state govt website.