• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A New Mexico Democrap trying to pass new guns laws

AH.74

I guess it really is too much to ask for people to become informed about something and know the truth before trying to legislate against it. Another idiot who can't be bothered to do any of that.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Ask him what bills he is proposing to limit our 1st amendment rights that have caused deaths too.

Another idiot in our nation just outed himself.

RogueWarrior

OK guys who has the email address to the people in the round house so I can email them about this moron

AH.74

AH.74

Another dimwit who just doesn't get it. These people seem to become fixated on one thing- mag capacity, and don't think things through. What are the provisions for making people criminals overnight? Absolutely moronic.

Councilor Bushee proposes city ammo restrictions

http://www.santafenewmexican.com/Local News/011213arms#.UPF-GFH59UQ

The buyback mentioned at the beginning is happening today at 9am. If it wasn't 0 degrees out I would have gone up there just to observe.

RogueWarrior

welll it looks like the dumocraps are going to be pushing this real hard just received this from sliver spur gun shows

The NRA-ILA Liaison for Texas & New Mexico was alerted to be ready. A NM House Judiciary Committee MAY vote on this Wed. January 23, THIS WEEK, in Santa Fe at the State Capitol in room 309 at 1:30pm. Please pass this on, if you can go, please do! I guess you can call the state capital to confirm.
Tara Mica said the anti-gun people are being "loud" right now and that is one reason for quick action, so let's do the same.

steveaikens

Opt-Out Members
We just got word that the bill will not be heard Wednesday. They haven't even gotten the FIR request in, as of this afternoon accordingto the ladies at the LFS - the agency that does the FIRs.

FIR = Fiscal Impact Report.

However, contact the legislators I've previously listed now and often. Now more than ever we need you to help us with the legislature.

Steve Aikens

ADDED: Forgot to mention, from what we're now told, the earliest this will get heard is Friday. I'll try to confirm that tomorrow and will post as soon as I can tomorrow night.

Last edited:

AH.74

Thanks for the update, Steve. I also saw that Cook has re-introduced the "bar carry" bill and it's already getting heat for being a bad idea and poor timing. Any info and updates on either case will be greatly appreciated. I'd like to try to get to these if I can.

XDm

I have yet to receive any responses from Bushee, despite requests to hear from her, likely because I write in opposotion to her proposals. If anybody has seen a response from P. Bushee I'd like to know. I will be tracking her non-responses and highlighting these failures at future meetings.

AH.74

I have yet to receive any responses from Bushee, despite requests to hear from her, likely because I write in opposotion to her proposals. If anybody has seen a response from P. Bushee I'd like to know. I will be tracking her non-responses and highlighting these failures at future meetings.

I wrote to every city council member and have heard back from none.

In fact the only office I have heard back from is the Governor's, and that was in written form since that was how I had to submit my comment to her.

XDm

I also contacted the Santa Fe City Attorney G. Zamora to thank him being sensible and recognizing that the proposals by Bushee and others to restrict guns and ammo purchases/ownership were against the state constitution. Not sure what his overall stand on the gun control situation is but he is holding Councilors responsible for ahdering to existing laws. Good man, IMHO.

His email is listed in the state govt website.