• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Va Beach sends you to VAPD to apply for CHP....Legal?

ryan7068

Mr. *****

I have forwarded your email to my superior, Mike Davy, for his attention. He is the Circuit Court Administrator.

Thank you,
Ruth

wylde007

Wow, quite a row over permitting on an OPEN CARRY forum.

Building 11 is the public safety/precinct office. The police don't issue the permit, just helping in processing it.

I'm not sure how this could be construed as an inconvenience. If anything, it keeps you from having to go through the SECURE AREA of the courthouse (read: be disarmed).

2a4all

Building 11 is the public safety/precinct office. The police don't issue the permit, just helping in processing it.

I'm not sure how this could be construed as an inconvenience. If anything, it keeps you from having to go through the SECURE AREA of the courthouse (read: be disarmed).
So does mailing the application.:dude:

ryan7068

Good call! I'll stop following up and not post anymore about it.

Esanders2008

JMHO, but I don't see this thread as any different from the one about Roanoke. I think that we shouldn't exclude CC discussion from the forum on the simple basis that it is not OC-related. As friends here, we have built a support network to help with all carry related issues we have. While I understand that some of us do not agree with P4P, unfortunately we do not live in a constitutional carry state such as Arizona. Until such time that we can establish that here, we all need to realize that for some people, CC is a necessity, perhaps due to clothing choices or occupational reason.

Just my two cents.

Esanders2008

Just thought of another two reasons to have a permit: carry in the GA Building on Lobby Day, and the ability to drop your child off at school. So there are some legitimate reasons for wanting one.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
JMHO, but I don't see this thread as any different from the one about Roanoke. I think that we shouldn't exclude CC discussion from the forum on the simple basis that it is not OC-related. As friends here, we have built a support network to help with all carry related issues we have. While I understand that some of us do not agree with P4P, unfortunately we do not live in a constitutional carry state such as Arizona. Until such time that we can establish that here, we all need to realize that for some people, CC is a necessity, perhaps due to clothing choices or occupational reason.

Just my two cents.

There is a world of difference between CC and P4P.
Unfortunately way too many people are too shallow to see it.

Esanders2008

Forgive me for misunderstanding, I personally don't have a permit, and don't know the difference between CC And P4P. I thought they were the same. Could you please explain the difference to me so I can understand better?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Forgive me for misunderstanding, I personally don't have a permit, and don't know the difference between CC And P4P. I thought they were the same. Could you please explain the difference to me so I can understand better?

A CHP is a permit to hide your gun. Aside from the fact that you shouldn't need one, there's nothing wrong with having it if you want or need to hide your gun.

P4P stands for Perks For Permits. Those are special privileges given people who have permits. With some people having a gun is a game. Sort of like being James Bond. They want permits and a license to kill or go into the General Assembly Building or carry assault weapons in forbidden areas.

It's easier for the Gun Lobby to get changes passed if they do it for permit holders only because of all that special training they get:lol:....In short, it's a cheap shortcut to doing their job.

Anti gun legislators like permits because it amounts to gun owner registration so they offer perks.

To make it short...nothing wrong with a permit but there is a hell of a lot wrong with people that want to turn Va into a permit state.

Last edited:

Esanders2008

Ok I understand a little better. Thank you. And I agree with your stance. I'm hoping you can share some more info about the subject when my wife and I come to the dinner tomorrow :)

Marco

A CHP is a permit to hide your gun. Aside from the fact that you shouldn't need one, there's nothing wrong with having it if you want or need to hide your gun.

P4P stands for Perks For Permits. Those are special privileges given people who have permits. With some people having a gun is a game. Sort of like being James Bond. They want permits and a license to kill or go into the General Assembly Building or carry assault weapons in forbidden areas.

It's easier for the Gun Lobby to get changes passed if they do it for permit holders only because of all that special training they get:lol:....In short, it's a cheap shortcut to doing their job.

Anti gun legislators like permits because it amounts to gun owner registration so they offer perks.

To make it short...nothing wrong with a permit but there is a hell of a lot wrong with people that want to turn Va into a permit state.

Borrowing this for a thread on VAGT...

ryan7068

I'm certainly all about following forum rules. If anything this situation should show yet another complication arising from states putting their hands into our constitutional rights......"shall not be infringed" that sounds pretty simple to me!:eek:......open carry, conceal carry, and even the right not to carry.....its everybody's right IMO

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Just my two cents.

The first clue (for those that don't understand the nuances) should have been that one of OCDO's owners (Mike) posted here w/o criticism of the thread subject.

Yes this site is primarily focused on open carry, but also we allow posting to an individual state sub-forum those things pertainent and specific to RKBA in that state - sometimes it is a called decision.

For those that need that direct support - this one is good to go.

Last edited: