• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I hate being made a fool, I feel so betrayed and mad.

MackTheKnife

Every once in a while I make a monumental blunder and become a little too trusting and gullible. So was the case when I fell for the BULL$HIT from the DNC about how they weren't going to go after guns and that the NRA was crazy for saying they would when they hadn't in the first term. I fell for it hook, line, and sinker. I repeated it to family and friends and now I look like a total jackass! Worse yet, I voted for those lying bastards, and even donated to their campaign. I want my money back! I have half a mind to call up their offices and demand my money back.

So I'm here to say to any of you that had a jackass like me try to tell you this wouldn't happen, I apologize. I hope you can forgive me and others like me and understand that it's not entirely our fault, for we were duped by these lying pack of serpents in Washington. Furthermore, I will try to make amends by being more vigilant in whom I support and don't support in the mid-terms and future elections.

I haven't read all the other replies but if the Democrats OVERALL fit your political views, why are you concerned about only one issue- guns? If you are a single issue voter, I can understand. But if you are a liberal, the Dems are for you.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

MackTheKnife

If you had all voted Libertarian, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

And don't for one minute think that Romney, a Massachusetts liberal, would not be cowtowing to the anti-gunners right now. The last thing we need is a president who gets along with Congress well enough to actually get something through Congress.

No. If we voted Libertarian, Obama would still be Prez.

MackTheKnife

What do the numbers have to do with anything?

If "everyone voted Libertarian", "the numbers" would be 100% to the LP, 0% to the DP. How exactly would Obama win in this circumstance? :confused:

No, Obama won by 3 million votes. How many votes were Libertarian??

nonameisgood

He obviously meant that if all the repubs had voted libertarian, the outcome would have been the same.

Old Virginia Joe

"A Wise Man Learns by the Mistakes of Others, a Fool by His Own" Latin proverb...
You must be a young fella for I figured it out way back in the Jimmy Carter years, when it comes to guns, taxes, and social programs that steal from Social Security, never trust a Democrat ;-)

This sounds like a post I could have made! I, too, on my first vote, trusted a Democrat, Jimmy Carter, just as my parents raised me to see things. In just a few short years, though, I felt ashamed of my vote, turned my face to the right, and have never looked left again. These days, I ain't very happy with the GOP either, and pray for the day the true conservative ideal might dominate this foolishness we see everyday in our once-great country.

carolina guy

First of all: that isn't what you said.

Second of all: your enthymeme is faulty. Why would all Republicans vote libertarian, but not all Democrats? How is this Do you somehow believe that the GOP or its supporters are any less anti-liberty than the Democratic Party?

Wouldn't a Libertarian candidate capable of getting most or all of the Republican votes also not get some amount of Democrat votes as well?