Thread: Americas mindset in 1943

Americas mindset in 1943

I was going thru some of my dads stuff and came across a book of his called Citizens Of Good Conduct, C.O.G.C.,dated 1943. He was in 6th grade, there were small paragraphs from each child in his class and accomplishment they did thru the year. There were also several poems in this little book, here is one that caught my eye and made me think of how drastically the mindset of most Americans has changed The title of the poem is Our War:
    We're so proud or our country
    The land of the free.
    We'll fight to a finish
    To gain victory.
    We'll see that Old Glory
    Is still waving high,
    That freedom is ours
    And our colors still fly.
    We'll furnish the plane
    The tank and the gun
    And all that is needed
    Till victory is won.
    Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Psalm 144:2 My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me. Pro 14:15 The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

Quote Originally Posted by Richieg150 View Post
    I was going thru some of my dads stuff and came across a book of his called Citizens Of Good Conduct, C.O.G.C.,dated 1943. He was in 6th grade, there were small paragraphs from each child in his class and accomplishment they did thru the year. There were also several poems in this little book, here is one that caught my eye and made me think of how drastically the mindset of most Americans has changed The title of the poem is Our War:
    We're so proud or our country
    The land of the free.
    We'll fight to a finish
    To gain victory.
    We'll see that Old Glory
    Is still waving high,
    That freedom is ours
    And our colors still fly.
    We'll furnish the plane
    The tank and the gun
    And all that is needed
    Till victory is won.
    It's a nice sentiment, but even then the poison of progressiveness was leaking into the school curriculum. They (the schools) said this only as a way to suck us into believing that they really cared about America and freedom, even as they were carrying out the brainwashing of our children (including me). The gradual slide to full communism had already begun, but it's subtle coloration was still too fine to stand out in contrast to the Constitution back then. It took most of the last century to drag us this far. How long will it take to move back, if ever??

I still believe in America, as long as she is based on the Constitution.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________

"The problem with Internet quotes is that no one has verified the source" -- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by peterarthur View Post
    It's a nice sentiment, but even then the poison of progressiveness was leaking into the school curriculum. They (the schools) said this only as a way to suck us into believing that they really cared about America and freedom, even as they were carrying out the brainwashing of our children (including me). The gradual slide to full communism had already begun, but it's subtle coloration was still too fine to stand out in contrast to the Constitution back then. It took most of the last century to drag us this far. How long will it take to move back, if ever??

I still believe in America, as long as she is based on the Constitution.
    Very nice sentiment indeed...........too bad that the days of our schools teaching the fundamentals & values this country was built on is long over. I remember last year the 10 yr old came home from school saying they had an election in there school class that day.She was one of only 3 kids that voted for Romney! Evidently after the election even the teacher was chastising those who voted for Romney! BOY I WAS SO HOT I COULD FUC***. NO wonder kids are screwed even the teachers are teaching the all knowing government knows better for us than we know for ourselves! Goodness gracious and lets not mention a kid differs from their belief! Teacher might was well have been a crooked mob/poll worker encouraging voter intimidation at the polls for 10yr olds.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "The shores of history are littered with the wrecks of civilizations, where once free men trusted their rights and liberty to a wholly centralized government"