Thread: Brigadoons Military Surplus

Brigadoons Military Surplus

Back before the OC bill had passed I had a conversation with the owners of this store. They had said that if the bill passed then they would put up a "No OC" sign (sign would and does exempt cops). When I asked them why originally they said it was because they didn't want yahoos showing off their guns to each other in the store, but when I pointed out that other states don't have such OC problems and that they could always kick those troublemakers out they changed their story to an "insurance" issue. Well I swung by there yesterday and sure enough they had up the "No OC" sign. I went in to potentially talk with the owners again, but they weren't there so I ended up leaving. Anyone know the owners of the store and might be able to have a talk with them about it? Kinda sucks since I liked going there on occasion, but now the only reason for me to go there is to let them know why I won't be doing business there.

Brigadoons Surplus

Last time I was in there the sign read no open carry. It was still legal to conceal carry. I go there to buy ammo about once or twice a month.

Yes it is still legal to CC there, but why would I want to shop at a place that won't let me OC? I don't feel like having to zip up my jacket or put my shirt over my gun (assuming that will even adequately cover it) just to do business there.

I used to stop by from time to time. The employees all OCd the last time I was in. I will not go back as I was asked to leave. Was on my lunch break and worked at a gun shop up the road. They saw my work shirt and said they didn't want the competition coming to scope out prices. Didn't matter I said I was shoppong for myself.
    AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011
    TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011-?
    Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy
    Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

I always though it was good business practice to shop your competition's prices to see how yours stacked up. If they have a good product at a reasonable price, then what are they afraid of.

If I recall correctly I was after 550 cord and a couple empty ammo cans. Ammo would have been the only thing to price check but they usually had less than what we had in back stock. That was about 10 months ago at least.
    AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011
    TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011-?
    Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy
    Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

I was in a grocery store here in Bellingham, Wa when the owner came up to us and wanted to talk about my weapon. My Sweet Baboo CCs all the time and I OC. She had seen us in her shop quite a bit and finally approached us. She asked about legality and why we carry and then came to the point and asked what we would do if she asked us to not bring weapons into her store. My wife rapidly replyed that we would shop elsewhere. The shopkeeper came right back with "don;t do that." I asked if she did not feel safe with us in the store and she admitted that she felt safer when we were there. We gave her the "brochures" and went happily about our business.
    My point to this is Money Talks, No OC and I walk. Explaining that you will not give them your money and that you will recommend that others shop elsewhere is a positive motivator. If you fear my presence, I will shop in a more rational store.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington