• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Brigadoons Military Surplus

Aknazer

Back before the OC bill had passed I had a conversation with the owners of this store. They had said that if the bill passed then they would put up a "No OC" sign (sign would and does exempt cops). When I asked them why originally they said it was because they didn't want yahoos showing off their guns to each other in the store, but when I pointed out that other states don't have such OC problems and that they could always kick those troublemakers out they changed their story to an "insurance" issue. Well I swung by there yesterday and sure enough they had up the "No OC" sign. I went in to potentially talk with the owners again, but they weren't there so I ended up leaving. Anyone know the owners of the store and might be able to have a talk with them about it? Kinda sucks since I liked going there on occasion, but now the only reason for me to go there is to let them know why I won't be doing business there.

gprod55

Brigadoons Surplus

Last time I was in there the sign read no open carry. It was still legal to conceal carry. I go there to buy ammo about once or twice a month.

Aknazer

Yes it is still legal to CC there, but why would I want to shop at a place that won't let me OC? I don't feel like having to zip up my jacket or put my shirt over my gun (assuming that will even adequately cover it) just to do business there.

Bullbuster

I used to stop by from time to time. The employees all OCd the last time I was in. I will not go back as I was asked to leave. Was on my lunch break and worked at a gun shop up the road. They saw my work shirt and said they didn't want the competition coming to scope out prices. Didn't matter I said I was shoppong for myself.

okiephlyer

I always though it was good business practice to shop your competition's prices to see how yours stacked up. If they have a good product at a reasonable price, then what are they afraid of.

Bullbuster

If I recall correctly I was after 550 cord and a couple empty ammo cans. Ammo would have been the only thing to price check but they usually had less than what we had in back stock. That was about 10 months ago at least.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I was in a grocery store here in Bellingham, Wa when the owner came up to us and wanted to talk about my weapon. My Sweet Baboo CCs all the time and I OC. She had seen us in her shop quite a bit and finally approached us. She asked about legality and why we carry and then came to the point and asked what we would do if she asked us to not bring weapons into her store. My wife rapidly replyed that we would shop elsewhere. The shopkeeper came right back with "don;t do that." I asked if she did not feel safe with us in the store and she admitted that she felt safer when we were there. We gave her the "brochures" and went happily about our business.
My point to this is Money Talks, No OC and I walk. Explaining that you will not give them your money and that you will recommend that others shop elsewhere is a positive motivator. If you fear my presence, I will shop in a more rational store.