Thread: Local LEO position on AWB enforcement???

Banned

Local LEO position on AWB enforcement???

I think something every community needs to start doing in regards to protecting their 2nd Amend. rights is checking/verifying/clarifying where exactly their local PD and Sheriffs stand on future laws Infringing on our rights.

Do people need to go to city council meetings, etc. to get statements from PD Chiefs and Sheriffs?

IMO this is one of THE MOST important things we need to be doing right now.

pretty much a 100% chance they will enforce it, they already did it in the 90s

Quote Originally Posted by NagChampa View Post
    pretty much a 100% chance they will enforce it, they already did it in the 90s

Theres plenty of local LE agencies (and around the country) that have stood up against any federal bans and have stated they will not be able/unwilling to enforce it.

Banned
    I asked my police chief .. he said that he is not too much up on gun laws ... a winner (not kidding either)

Quote Originally Posted by OC541 View Post
    Theres plenty of local LE agencies (and around the country) that have stood up against any federal bans and have stated they will not be able/unwilling to enforce it.
    why did they enforce it last time. i can tell you 99.9999999999999999999999999% they will enforce it rather than lose their "jobs"

Quote Originally Posted by NagChampa View Post
    why did they enforce it last time. i can tell you 99.9999999999999999999999999% they will enforce it rather than lose their "jobs"
    They will only loose their jobs if there is a large public backlash to not enforcing...like electing a different person to be sheriff. As for local governments, CoP's are appointed by the mayor/city council, and they will do what the Mayor tells them to do in most cases. LE has a lot of leeway on what they can do,,,ever had a LEO tell you to slow down instead of writing you that ticket for 45 in a 30? I have.