• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Local LEO position on AWB enforcement???

Jeff. State

Banned
I think something every community needs to start doing in regards to protecting their 2nd Amend. rights is checking/verifying/clarifying where exactly their local PD and Sheriffs stand on future laws Infringing on our rights.

Do people need to go to city council meetings, etc. to get statements from PD Chiefs and Sheriffs?

IMO this is one of THE MOST important things we need to be doing right now.

OC541

pretty much a 100% chance they will enforce it, they already did it in the 90s

Theres plenty of local LE agencies (and around the country) that have stood up against any federal bans and have stated they will not be able/unwilling to enforce it.

hermannr

why did they enforce it last time. i can tell you 99.9999999999999999999999999% they will enforce it rather than lose their "jobs"

They will only loose their jobs if there is a large public backlash to not enforcing...like electing a different person to be sheriff. As for local governments, CoP's are appointed by the mayor/city council, and they will do what the Mayor tells them to do in most cases. LE has a lot of leeway on what they can do,,,ever had a LEO tell you to slow down instead of writing you that ticket for 45 in a 30? I have.