• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Humor Thread--Ridicule the Anti-gunners

EMNofSeattle

These workers just want a safer work environment.

why would we force these working americans to work in a hostile workplace?

[video=youtube;ngsKzdKNAmo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngsKzdKNAmo[/video]

moonie

what did the anti gunner say to the bank robber?

mmmfff mmffff mmffffff mffmmmffffff mmmfff

(think duct tape)

Bank robber #1, do you hear something?
Bank robber #2, that's the last time I buy duct tape at the dollar store...

sudden valley gunner

My son who is into drawing and writing comics is going to make one for me based on some of my experiences.

A cop yelling at me for OC'ing saying, "I didn't spend two years in the dessert fighting for our freedom, to come home and see you exercising them!"

No this wasn't officers exact words but the amount of officers who claim I am for civil rights or a I am a "civil libertarian" and brag about being a vet who fought for our constitution while they are trampling yours is mind numbing.

EMNofSeattle

My son who is into drawing and writing comics is going to make one for me based on some of my experiences.

A cop yelling at me for OC'ing saying, "I didn't spend two years in the dessert fighting for our freedom, to come home and see you exercising them!"

No this wasn't officers exact words but the amount of officers who claim I am for civil rights or a I am a "civil libertarian" and brag about being a vet who fought for our constitution while they are trampling yours is mind numbing.

You should post that comic when he's done with drawing it! :cool:

Talesman

What do you call ten neighborhood anti-gunners who run to your house seeking protection when the SHTF (for real)?

Personal slaves a.k.a. chattel.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Skidmark - I see nothing invalid or illegal about those signs. Care to point out what I missed?

First, I never said there was anything illegal about those signs.
Some of that is misinformation that will cause a bad situation to become worse.

Then I wondered if there was
Any chance anti-rights folks put that together?

As for misinformation , just a few representative examples:

- "do not have to give name and address if arrested". Factually correct, but it will causea delay in your processing and may prevent you from being released on bail since FBI fingerprint matches are not 100% accurate. Don't know for sure who you are = no bail.

- "should be told why you are being arrested". No. At some time you will be informed of the charge against you, but that is vastly different from being told why you are being arrested.

- "right to free legal advice". Maybe. Mostly based on income and assets. A few states provide free legal representation during custodial questioning, but do not expect the attorney to show up really soon after you are brought in.

- "right to have someone told of your arrest". Maybe in (f)GB, but not in the USA.

stay safe.

fighting_for_freedom

- "do not have to give name and address if arrested". Factually correct, but it will causea delay in your processing and may prevent you from being released on bail since FBI fingerprint matches are not 100% accurate. Don't know for sure who you are = no bail.

Sure. But still not misinformation, per se.

- "should be told why you are being arrested". No. At some time you will be informed of the charge against you, but that is vastly different from being told why you are being arrested.

Technically, yes, 'why you are being arrested' is different from the charge against you. But I think the sign is trying to put the concept into quick and easy to read words.

- "right to have someone told of your arrest". Maybe in (f)GB, but not in the USA.

stay safe.

It should be a law here, in my opinion.

Sorry, didn't mean to nitpick, just wanted to understand your reasoning for saying those signs were misinformation. They seem to be mostly correct. I'd think it better for people to think they have MORE civil rights than they do less, don't you?

EDIT: On a re-read of those signs (I looked at them last night on my phone, missed some of the finer print), I noticed that it does not, in fact, say that you have the right to refuse to give name and identification if you're under ARREST. It says you have the right if you are stopped/searched. Which would be completely accurate, and very sound advice, IMHO. I did notice though, that underneath that bit, it says that if you are suspected of 'Anti-Social Behaviour', refusing to give ID can get you arrested. Must be Britain. Buncha stupid morons. Anti-social behaviour.......... I'd be in jail for the rest of my life if I lived there. I'm about as anti-social as they come......

Last edited: