• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

St.Paris Police Cuff me

Werz

The officer said 'your buddy is going to leave with you and he will receive a summons".. Does that mean he was handed a ticket or is one coming by mail?
Maybe certified mail; maybe personal service by a deputy. It will contain a copy of the complaint and a summons to appear for arraignment.

Of course, that depends on how much discretion their prosecutor has. If the prosecutor thinks the case is crap, his buddy may never see anything.

Timmycaster

St Paris Cop Power Trip

Why isnt anybody referring to what Officer mcconnells`real issue is?He is an authority drunk law officer.People are spending time in jail until after a period of 7 to 10 days only to be released when going to court because they find the charges they were arrested for by this .................................................I wont go into the case or charges but I speak from experience from a arrest this month of a family member.I do know mcconnell as well as the dept. is under investigation for his actions.There are plenty of great officers out there,but mcconnell is a mere ......... with a clipboard,firearm,and a badge.I called to speak to him myself and he bum rushed me of the phone saying he would call me back in a few minutes.That was 4 days ago.Havnt heard from him since.I also discovered he ended up in that town because he was TURNED DOWN positions at 2 other depts in other counties.More to this guys story than we know for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Why isnt anybody referring to what Officer mcconnells`real issue is?He is an authority drunk law officer.People are spending time in jail until after a period of 7 to 10 days only to be released when going to court because they find the charges they were arrested for by this bedwetting crybaby mamas boy idiot of a so called police officer were not valid?He is a disgrace to law officers who put their lives on the line daily to protect the public.I wont go into the case or charges but I speak from experience from a arrest this month of a family member.I do know mcconnell as well as the dept. is under investigation for his actions.There are plenty of great officers out there,but mcconnell is a mere shidiot with a clipboard,firearm,and a badge.I called to speak to him myself and he bum rushed me of the phone saying he would call me back in a few minutes.That was 4 days ago.Havnt heard from him since.I also discovered he ended up in that town because he was TURNED DOWN positions at 2 other depts in other counties.More to this guys story than we know for sure.

Thanks, Timmy. And, welcome to OCDO.

Who is investigating the department?

docachna

Ohio Open Records Request

The Ohio Attorney General's Office will send you, free, a copy of a booklet outlining Ohio Open Records Act duties in Ohio, as it pertains to government entities. Check their website.

Also, the forum at Ohioans For Concealed Carry should give you a treasure trove of suggested OORA requests. It's important to do it right the first time.

Good luck.

Timmycaster

Leaving after one post.

Thanks, Timmy. And, welcome to OCDO.

Who is investigating the department?

My post was censored.I used no foul language or profanity.So much for freedom of speech,even on an online forum.I just told it like it was but alot of people dont want to hear the truth.God bless and take care.Sorry I wont be here to comunicate the results of the St Paris issue.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
My post was censored.I used no foul language or profanity.So much for freedom of speech,even on an online forum.I just told it like it was but alot of people dont want to hear the truth.God bless and take care.Sorry I wont be here to comunicate the results of the St Paris issue.

Freedom of speech is a limitation on our government, not on private property owners.

What we say and how we say it is viewed far beyond our registrants if the truth be heard.

MyWifeSaidYes

Thin skinned?

Too bad he left. It sounded like Timmycaster could really have helped shed some light on the officer and the St. Paris police force.

Of course, if he can't do that without calling names...oh well!

eye95

As MWSY pointed out, he chose to relate the story with name-calling. He would have been better off sticking to what Joe Friday called "just the facts, ma'am."

So, I have no sympathy for his feeling that he has been censored. His ideas and information were not. His name-calling was. I hope he comes back and behaves rationally. He will find that this site is a tremendous rational resource, and he would probably prove to be an asset to the movement. His choice; I won't lose any sleep over his choosing not to be here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP I hope he comes back and behaves rationally. He will find that this site is a tremendous rational resource... His choice; I won't lose any sleep over his choosing not to be here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

+1

Unfortunately, he probably won't stay long even if he does come back. Over the years, I've noticed that new users who fly off the handle very early can't hack it and end up leaving again for good. I even spent time with a few of them by PM trying to salvage their feelings and help them understand. Waste of time. I was able to patch up a few, but they'd just fly off the handle again over something else and leave for good or get banned. I learned my lesson. Be polite to them, make them welcome, if they can hack it fine; if not, oh well.

JSlack7851

Why isnt anybody referring to what Officer mcconnells`real issue is?He is an authority drunk law officer.People are spending time in jail until after a period of 7 to 10 days only to be released when going to court because they find the charges they were arrested for by this .................................................I wont go into the case or charges but I speak from experience from a arrest this month of a family member.I do know mcconnell as well as the dept. is under investigation for his actions.There are plenty of great officers out there,but mcconnell is a mere ......... with a clipboard,firearm,and a badge.I called to speak to him myself and he bum rushed me of the phone saying he would call me back in a few minutes.That was 4 days ago.Havnt heard from him since.I also discovered he ended up in that town because he was TURNED DOWN positions at 2 other depts in other counties.More to this guys story than we know for sure.

Must of been a colorful post, with lots of adjectives. Too bad his family member was so unable to get a voice recording of the situation. Time and time again, the value of a $50 voice recorder makes the difference between 'his word against mine'.

If you want to play the game, be prepared. Voice recorders protect you [strike]from a different kind of thug.[/strike]

Last edited by a moderator: