Thread: OC in Sunday Seattle Times

Regular Member trevorthebusdriver's Avatar

OC in Sunday Seattle Times

Unfortunately in the Rant & Rave column.
    "RANT To the woman who felt it necessary to wear her holstered revolver in plain sight at a holiday-packed Bellevue Mall. I'm sure your felt you looked hot in your tight, all black outfit with knee-high boots and the gun at your hip hauling your husband and toddler son around, but the rest of us thought you looked like an insensitive clod as the children and parents watched you in fear."

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trevorthebusdriver View Post
    Unfortunately in the Rant & Rave column.
    "RANT To the woman who felt it necessary to wear her holstered revolver in plain sight at a holiday-packed Bellevue Mall. I'm sure your felt you looked hot in your tight, all black outfit with knee-high boots and the gun at your hip hauling your husband and toddler son around, but the rest of us thought you looked like an insensitive clod as the children and parents watched you in fear."

So now that person is making assumptions for everyone else.

By the way the description does sound quite attractive.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Heh, I love that the hoplophobe mentioned the husband and child the gun-nut was walking around with. How many folks intending ill ever bring their child with them??

Quote Originally Posted by Vitaeus View Post
    Heh, I love that the hoplophobe mentioned the husband and child the gun-nut was walking around with. How many folks intending ill ever bring their child with them??

I guess junior is supposed to help mama bear make everyone fearful..

Oh well though, expect anything different from the Seattle Times?
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Hey now, if the child was young enough, maybe it was wearing a Tactical Assault High Capacity Diaper and maybe that was what the hoplophobe was really afraid of!

Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post

Yep............

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here
    Damn, sounds like they should have posted a pic!

Probably authored by some tree-huggin', granola-eatin', horse-faced hag. Haters gonna hate.

Too bad the fool didn't understand the lesson of misplaced fear. Sounds like someone with projection issues.
    Last edited by 911Boss; 01-07-2013 at 02:45 AM.

Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by 911Boss View Post
    Damn, sounds like they should have posted a pic!

Probably authored by some tree-huggin', granola-eatin', horse-faced hag. Haters gonna hate.

Too bad the fool didn't understand the lesson of misplaced fear. Sounds like someone with projection issues.
    Had an encounter like this outside Trader Joes not too long ago, the guy kept saying how people feel not even man enough to cough up to his own feelings on the matter all though they were all too apparent.

I recorded part of that conversation. I asked him if people were afraid of a black man should he leave, he mentioned something about people not controlling their ethnicity, I told him that I am not talking about people controlling their ethnicity but their unreasonable fear.

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Re: OC in Sunday Seattle Times

lol that article just made me shake my head. Who ever wrote the article is just trying to get reelected to the PTA
    "Fight like you train, train like you fight"

why is it that the second a uniform comes into play people suddenly feel "at ease" when in reality the uniformed individual is more likely to draw their gun during a disturbance.

but a lady with her family is SCARY? hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by SGTapone View Post
    why is it that the second a uniform comes into play people suddenly feel "at ease" when in reality the uniformed individual is more likely to draw their gun during a disturbance.

Conditioning by the State, by the media and by society. That conditioning evolves into serial misinformation and social bigotry.
    Live Free or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by SGTapone View Post

Not only that, but just as a recent shoot-out in New York showed, all the injured innocent victims who happened to be in the vicinity when the Police had a shoot-out with a criminal, were in fact shot by Police Officers and not by the criminal. This is basically the case time and again across the country.

Making armed LEO's far more dangerous to unarmed citizens, then Armed LAC's are, and amed LEO's should cause greater fear among the general population then seeing openly armed citizens.
    Lets Unite and REMIND our Government that WE are the source of their authority and that WE demand our Rights be returned, Unabridged, Non-infringed, without denial or disparagement. The faults of a few, reflect badly on many, I therefore do not suggest anyone support WAC. My EDC is either a H&K USP .40 or a Taurus 689 .357 filled with Snake Loads

This popped up on CL B'ham. He ranted a few times and went away.

open carry
    Date: 2012-07-19, 7:47PM
    old man you should quit flashing that pistol, I keep finding it harder and harder to risist sneaking up from behind and conking you on the head and taking it away from you. I noticed you died your hair and are walking a little more cautiosly, good idea
    it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
    Original URL: http://bellingham.craigslist.org/rnr/3150899010.html
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post

~~ snipped ~~
    Original URL: http://bellingham.craigslist.org/rnr/3150899010.html[/I]
    That is a dead link, this is the result I get.
    Page Not Found

There is nothing here

No web page for this address

404 Error

-------------
    O
    O ^__^
    o (oo)_______
    (__) )\/\
    ||----w |
    || ||
    Lets Unite and REMIND our Government that WE are the source of their authority and that WE demand our Rights be returned, Unabridged, Non-infringed, without denial or disparagement. The faults of a few, reflect badly on many, I therefore do not suggest anyone support WAC. My EDC is either a H&K USP .40 or a Taurus 689 .357 filled with Snake Loads

it could be the Laura Croft OCer

Quote Originally Posted by 911Boss View Post
    Damn, sounds like they should have posted a pic!.

I've seen her a couple of times around Bellevue, Safeway & Home Depot...

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    Conditioning by the State, by the media and by society. That conditioning evolves into serial misinformation and social bigotry.
    Very True .

- a.k.a..... Propoganda
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    Well said sir!

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post

open carry
    Date: 2012-07-19, 7:47PM
    old man you should quit flashing that pistol, I keep finding it harder and harder to risist sneaking up from behind and conking you on the head and taking it away from you. I noticed you died your hair and are walking a little more cautiosly, good idea
    it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
    Original URL: http://bellingham.craigslist.org/rnr/3150899010.html
    Some of the replies to that rant were priceless though, didn't one say something to the effect of "Stay the little b***h you are and live to see another day"?

+1 if that description is even remotely accurate, fear ain't what I'D be feeling ...
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

Must not have been all that "hot". The person noticed the gun. I've seen some really hot gals in my life that I wouldn't have noticed a gun, her boots, or even the husband and child
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

OC in Sunday Seattle Times

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    Must not have been all that "hot". The person noticed the gun. I've seen some really hot gals in my life that I wouldn't have noticed a gun, her boots, or even the husband and child
    The observer was probably another limp wristed seattle eunuch that only goes for the "patty Murray in flannel" look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.