Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: White House to "work around NRA" using Walmart

White House to "work around NRA" using Walmart

Read an article in the Denver (Com)post about White House trying to get support from Walmar to get around NRA on gun control....

To sell such changes, the White House is developing strategies to work around the National Rifle Association that one source said could include rallying support from Wal-Mart and other gun retailers for measures that would benefit their businesses.

White House weighs broad gun-control agenda in wake of Newtown shootings - The Washington Post

I have sent an e-mail and will send the same via snail mail tomorrow telling them if they cooperate with the Obama administration in ANY way or form of gun control I will never enter their stores again and neither will millions of other freedom loving gun owners.

Let's bombard them NOW before they have a chance to even think about it

https://corporate.walmart.com/contac...orate-feedback

E-Mail sent

Wonder what Sam Walton would have to say about this? It wouldn't be pretty...

My message to WalMart Corporate

I sent the following message to WalMart Corporate Headquarters concerning the White House announcing that they would seek WalMarts help with implementing their anti-gun legislation.

"It has come to our attention that the White House is attempting to subvert the Constitution and institute gun bans and legislation that would take away law-abiding American Citizens Rights.

According to sources, they intend to seek Wal-Marts help in this anti-gun legislation. I quote, "To sell such changes, the White House is developing strategies to work around the National Rifle Association that one source said could include rallying support from Wal-Mart and other gun retailers for measures that would benefit their businesses."

Please understand that any support Wal-Mart gives to any bans on sporting firearms or magazines will not sell well with your customer's. You have become the largest retailer in America because people like the value and convenience of shopping at your stores. But if you support anti-freedom gun control, that support will go away quickly.

It would be advised that you should respond to the White House and their attempt to group you in as one of their pawns in the scheme to disarm law abiding citizens by putting out a statement in support of the Second Amendment, our Constitution, and Law Abiding Citizens Right to Keep and Bear Arms. This includes law-abiding citizens rights to keep AR15's, the most popular sporting rifle in the nation, as well as possess magazines that have capacities exceeding 10 rounds.

This announcement of support would go along way with customer relations and keep you from being labeled as UN-American and suffer subsequent loss of business.

Your support is needed in this fight for America and our Freedom.

I look forward to your response."

We should all send them some letters that they should not be Obama's biotch.

If you would like to email them, the address is: https://corporate.walmart.com/contac...orate-feedback
    Last edited by rscottie; 01-06-2013 at 09:35 PM.

Walmart not selling guns and ammo will have no significant effect on gun and ammo sales. Now, if Cabelas, Bass Pro, Gander Mountain ect. signed onto this idea then the small "mom & pop" gun stores would be getting a financial boom. Walmart is the world largest retailer, are they the worlds largest gun & ammo retailer? Hardly.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Walmart not selling guns and ammo will have no significant effect on gun and ammo sales. Now, if Cabelas, Bass Pro, Gander Mountain ect. signed onto this idea then the small "mom & pop" gun stores would be getting a financial boom. Walmart is the world largest retailer, are they the worlds largest gun & ammo retailer? Hardly.
    This may be true. I will say this, Wal-mart sells ammo at least here in Suffolk VA, to the point it's almost always out of stock. I think this would be a extremely stupid move on there part to give up that much money income from sales. I'd like to think, they aren't that stupid. Assuming has it's drawbacks though, so we will have to see.
    Last edited by mpguy; 01-07-2013 at 09:41 PM.

I got a error showing "Walmart Corporate page not found" and have clicked the link as well as gone their your own contact link.
    Last edited by zack991; 01-07-2013 at 10:12 PM.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Quote Originally Posted by zack991 View Post
    I got a error showing "Walmart Corporate page not found" and have clicked the link as well as gone their your own contact link.
    LOL same here they must have been inundated with emails and so they take that email down
    A gun Owner Is A Citizen
    Anyone Else is a Subject

its because the link is broken. it was copied while it was abbreviated, so clicking the link in the first post does not work as it is an incomplete link.

this is the proper link:
    https://corporate.walmart.com/contac...orate-feedback

(OP, please edit/fix the link in the first post)
    Last edited by motoxmann; 01-08-2013 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mpguy View Post
    This may be true. I will say this, Wal-mart sells ammo at least here in Suffolk VA, to the point it's almost always out of stock. I think this would be a extremely stupid move on there part to give up that much money income from sales. I'd like to think, they aren't that stupid. Assuming has it's drawbacks though, so we will have to see.
    Same is happening here. We have 2 walmarts. Both are almost out of ammo and I asked about the 7.62 ammo when I was in there other day. I never buy ammo there any way. They said they are no longer going to carry it anymore here. The guy says every one has been coming in asking for it too. lol Glad we have got other options in this area.
    Kentucky Open Carry Group
    http://opencarry.niceboards.org/

We all speak of liberty and freedom like we are the only ones that know the truth and the right path. But if we expect everyone to accept and follow our path and to accept our truth and want to force it upon them then that is no longer liberty or freedom. It is slavery. I believe in liberty for all. Regardless of their political views, religion, race, sex, etc.

I dropped wal-mart a little note. Thanks for the updated links.

Re: White House to "work around NRA" using Walmart

Quote Originally Posted by KYKevin View Post
    Same is happening here. We have 2 walmarts. Both are almost out of ammo and I asked about the 7.62 ammo when I was in there other day. I never buy ammo there any way. They said they are no longer going to carry it anymore here. The guy says every one has been coming in asking for it too. lol Glad we have got other options in this area.
    They've said That for years here. Haven't stopped yet.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I have bought maybe 200 rounds from Wal-Mart in my life. Before I moved to CA I had the chance to buy a SIG 5.56 from them for about $800. I wish I did but I know I could not have taken it to CA with me.

Somebody is probably full of it. Not only is ammo scarce but now reloading components are drying up. Sites are listing everything from primer to brass as out of stock. Get used to it for a while.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 01-08-2013 at 06:40 PM.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Wouldn't that be the sh*t; done in by those bunch of slack-jawed mouth breathers with bad health insuarance & low self-esteem...Screw Wally-World; haven't bought there yet, ain't a gonna neither.
    Attachment 9803
    Bale da Hay

"Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"

Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

Havamal (Bellows translation)

Wal-Mart sells a lot of firearms,,,mostly relatively inexpensive but good ones too,,,where I live, always have, ever since the "local" (40 miles) store opened. They also have a very good selection of ammo, also at good prices.

Posted link still works fine for me.

Also it is not just that Wally may stop selling; they are being approached to ACTIVELY get being the Obummer admin push for no personal sales, registration, restriction of all types of firearms and mags.
    Last edited by F350; 01-09-2013 at 01:30 AM.

Banned
    Yeah, it is amazing how much trouble Wal-Mart is getting into not because they did anything, but because someone might have asked them to do something.

Consider it a preemptive strike.

- What da hay?

Keep Calm and Carry On

My Wal-mart stays dry on ammo as well, in most popular calibers. Funny thing is though, I went in a few years ago to pick up some 9mm ammo, and having just bought an Enfield, figured it'd be worth a shot to see if they carried ammo for it as well. An employee saw me looking and asked if I needed any help, so I asked him if they carried .303 ammo. The clerk matter-of-factly informed me that Wal-Mart did not, and would not, carry Assault weapon calibers. I thanked him kindly and picked up some 7.62x39 ammo instead.

Quote Originally Posted by unreconstructed1 View Post
    My Wal-mart stays dry on ammo as well, in most popular calibers. Funny thing is though, I went in a few years ago to pick up some 9mm ammo, and having just bought an Enfield, figured it'd be worth a shot to see if they carried ammo for it as well. An employee saw me looking and asked if I needed any help, so I asked him if they carried .303 ammo. The clerk matter-of-factly informed me that Wal-Mart did not, and would not, carry Assault weapon calibers. I thanked him kindly and picked up some 7.62x39 ammo instead.
    I have been having to call around to get 45 acp casings. One of the largest gun dealers and handloading supply business was completely out. I had to buy them all the way from Florida, and then they were small primer 45 acp. I have two hundred backup 45 I am hoping to have 500 loaded rounds once I get my brass. I can't even find any lead at tire shops locally, it is going so fast it is ridicules. Even if you check dies and molds many are out of stock. Hopefully the surge in reloading will encourage smaller gun shops to carry supplies, though they will be more expensive.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Re: White House to "work around NRA" using Walmart

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    I have been having to call around to get 45 acp casings. One of the largest gun dealers and handloading supply business was completely out. I had to buy them all the way from Florida, and then they were small primer 45 acp. I have two hundred backup 45 I am hoping to have 500 loaded rounds once I get my brass. I can't even find any lead at tire shops locally, it is going so fast it is ridicules. Even if you check dies and molds many are out of stock. Hopefully the surge in reloading will encourage smaller gun shops to carry supplies, though they will be more expensive.
    What state are you from? I'll check the local reloading shop next Wednesday, if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Griz View Post
    Consider it a preemptive strike.
    +1,000

Quote Originally Posted by mpguy View Post
    What state are you from? I'll check the local reloading shop next Wednesday, if you like.

North Carolina. I have 300 coming from Florida, with the 200 I already have will give me 500. Thanks I appreciate the offer.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast