• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

White House to "work around NRA" using Walmart

F350

Read an article in the Denver (Com)post about White House trying to get support from Walmar to get around NRA on gun control....

To sell such changes, the White House is developing strategies to work around the National Rifle Association that one source said could include rallying support from Wal-Mart and other gun retailers for measures that would benefit their businesses.

White House weighs broad gun-control agenda in wake of Newtown shootings - The Washington Post

I have sent an e-mail and will send the same via snail mail tomorrow telling them if they cooperate with the Obama administration in ANY way or form of gun control I will never enter their stores again and neither will millions of other freedom loving gun owners.

Let's bombard them NOW before they have a chance to even think about it

https://corporate.walmart.com/contact-us/store-corporate-feedback

rscottie

My message to WalMart Corporate

I sent the following message to WalMart Corporate Headquarters concerning the White House announcing that they would seek WalMarts help with implementing their anti-gun legislation.

"It has come to our attention that the White House is attempting to subvert the Constitution and institute gun bans and legislation that would take away law-abiding American Citizens Rights.

According to sources, they intend to seek Wal-Marts help in this anti-gun legislation. I quote, "To sell such changes, the White House is developing strategies to work around the National Rifle Association that one source said could include rallying support from Wal-Mart and other gun retailers for measures that would benefit their businesses."

Please understand that any support Wal-Mart gives to any bans on sporting firearms or magazines will not sell well with your customer's. You have become the largest retailer in America because people like the value and convenience of shopping at your stores. But if you support anti-freedom gun control, that support will go away quickly.

It would be advised that you should respond to the White House and their attempt to group you in as one of their pawns in the scheme to disarm law abiding citizens by putting out a statement in support of the Second Amendment, our Constitution, and Law Abiding Citizens Right to Keep and Bear Arms. This includes law-abiding citizens rights to keep AR15's, the most popular sporting rifle in the nation, as well as possess magazines that have capacities exceeding 10 rounds.

This announcement of support would go along way with customer relations and keep you from being labeled as UN-American and suffer subsequent loss of business.

Your support is needed in this fight for America and our Freedom.

I look forward to your response."

We should all send them some letters that they should not be Obama's biotch.

If you would like to email them, the address is: https://corporate.walmart.com/contac...orate-feedback

Last edited:

OC for ME

Walmart not selling guns and ammo will have no significant effect on gun and ammo sales. Now, if Cabelas, Bass Pro, Gander Mountain ect. signed onto this idea then the small "mom & pop" gun stores would be getting a financial boom. Walmart is the world largest retailer, are they the worlds largest gun & ammo retailer? Hardly.

mpguy

Walmart not selling guns and ammo will have no significant effect on gun and ammo sales. Now, if Cabelas, Bass Pro, Gander Mountain ect. signed onto this idea then the small "mom & pop" gun stores would be getting a financial boom. Walmart is the world largest retailer, are they the worlds largest gun & ammo retailer? Hardly.

This may be true. I will say this, Wal-mart sells ammo at least here in Suffolk VA, to the point it's almost always out of stock. I think this would be a extremely stupid move on there part to give up that much money income from sales. I'd like to think, they aren't that stupid. Assuming has it's drawbacks though, so we will have to see.

Last edited:

zack991

I got a error showing "Walmart Corporate page not found" and have clicked the link as well as gone their your own contact link.

Last edited:

RogueWarrior

I got a error showing "Walmart Corporate page not found" and have clicked the link as well as gone their your own contact link.

LOL same here they must have been inundated with emails and so they take that email down ;)

KYKevin

This may be true. I will say this, Wal-mart sells ammo at least here in Suffolk VA, to the point it's almost always out of stock. I think this would be a extremely stupid move on there part to give up that much money income from sales. I'd like to think, they aren't that stupid. Assuming has it's drawbacks though, so we will have to see.

Same is happening here. We have 2 walmarts. Both are almost out of ammo and I asked about the 7.62 ammo when I was in there other day. I never buy ammo there any way. They said they are no longer going to carry it anymore here. The guy says every one has been coming in asking for it too. lol Glad we have got other options in this area.

Griz

I dropped wal-mart a little note. Thanks for the updated links.

mpguy

Same is happening here. We have 2 walmarts. Both are almost out of ammo and I asked about the 7.62 ammo when I was in there other day. I never buy ammo there any way. They said they are no longer going to carry it anymore here. The guy says every one has been coming in asking for it too. lol Glad we have got other options in this area.

They've said That for years here. Haven't stopped yet.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

LibertyDeath

I have bought maybe 200 rounds from Wal-Mart in my life. Before I moved to CA I had the chance to buy a SIG 5.56 from them for about $800. I wish I did but I know I could not have taken it to CA with me.

WalkingWolf

Somebody is probably full of it. Not only is ammo scarce but now reloading components are drying up. Sites are listing everything from primer to brass as out of stock. Get used to it for a while.

Last edited:

Lurchiron

Wouldn't that be the sh*t; done in by those bunch of slack-jawed mouth breathers with bad health insuarance & low self-esteem...Screw Wally-World; haven't bought there yet, ain't a gonna neither.
View attachment 9803

hermannr

Wal-Mart sells a lot of firearms,,,mostly relatively inexpensive but good ones too,,,where I live, always have, ever since the "local" (40 miles) store opened. They also have a very good selection of ammo, also at good prices.

F350

Posted link still works fine for me.

Also it is not just that Wally may stop selling; they are being approached to ACTIVELY get being the Obummer admin push for no personal sales, registration, restriction of all types of firearms and mags.

Last edited:

eye95

Yeah, it is amazing how much trouble Wal-Mart is getting into not because they did anything, but because someone might have asked them to do something.

Teej

33193455.jpg