• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fight for your 2nd Amendment rights Jan 19th Olympia

compmanio365

Surprisingly enough I thought that KOMO did the best job at unbiased reporting on this event. 2000+ people attending was the count, and seems the most accurate. You should see the antis going nuts on the comments section there....quite hilarious. I never even saw KING5 but I guess they were there long enough to write up a smear article....what does one expect from the NBC affiliate? I'm wondering why Q13 never bothered though, one would think a FOX affiliate would have been interested.

Either way, I froze my butt off but had a great time. It was interesting to see how many people supported us from the highly scientific "honk and wave poll".....a few people felt so threatened they had to give us the finger, but mostly positive response. Maybe Olympia isn't so off its rocker after all.....

Freedom1Man

Surprisingly enough I thought that KOMO did the best job at unbiased reporting on this event. 2000+ people attending was the count, and seems the most accurate. You should see the antis going nuts on the comments section there....quite hilarious. I never even saw KING5 but I guess they were there long enough to write up a smear article....what does one expect from the NBC affiliate? I'm wondering why Q13 never bothered though, one would think a FOX affiliate would have been interested.

Either way, I froze my butt off but had a great time. It was interesting to see how many people supported us from the highly scientific "honk and wave poll".....a few people felt so threatened they had to give us the finger, but mostly positive response. Maybe Olympia isn't so off its rocker after all.....

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/...et-off-our-butts-187611681.html?tab=video&c=y

theaero

Great turnout with some great speakers. The religion stuff could have been toned down a bit, and there was one speaker that I and the group I attended with kind thought made us look kind of bad. But the # of people we had was great. I was in the front, directly in front of the speakers, flying the Gadsden, OCing my Les Baer I didn't get a chance to meet anyone because we were freezing and had to leave a bit early.

theaero

+1 to that. My son and I were actually turned off a bit by all of the God talk. All in all, it was a good time, though.

Yessir. If the word "god" was replaced with founding fathers, and "god-given" was replaced with natural, then it would have been more pleasing all-around, I think.

That being said, I didn't let it get in the way of the ultimate purpose. Only the first speaker seemed to focus very heavily on religion, which given his position and story, was understandable. (for him)

The only other things that bummed me out were the feedback issues with the mic and the weather. Everything else seemed to go quite smoothly! :)

EMNofSeattle

Yessir. If the word "god" was replaced with founding fathers, and "god-given" was replaced with natural, then it would have been more pleasing all-around, I think.

That being said, I didn't let it get in the way of the ultimate purpose. Only the first speaker seemed to focus very heavily on religion, which given his position and story, was understandable. (for him)

The only other things that bummed me out were the feedback issues with the mic and the weather. Everything else seemed to go quite smoothly! :)

I didnt mind the Iranian guy much, I really didn't like Didier with the store food, and shield ham radio from EMP and form a committee of safety , and yada yada yada

skiingislife725

theaero

I didnt mind the Iranian guy much, I really didn't like Didier with the store food, and shield ham radio from EMP and form a committee of safety , and yada yada yada

Yes, I agree 100%. I didn't want to be rude in my first post when I said our group really didn't like one of the speakers. That's what I was talking about. I do not think it made us look good whatsoever.

theaero

Look at my handsome self. http://seattletimes.com/html/photogalleries/localnews2020173177/12.html

Gallery from the start: http://seattletimes.com/html/photogalleries/localnews2020173177/

Real nice photographer I might add. Except he also took the picture I feared. Some dumbazz holding his rifle hanging out the window. And I personally saw some idiot with his revolver IN HIS HAND pointed out the sunroof. WTF. That's exactly what we need is those idiots on King 5.

2020173133.jpg

Is that brandishing??? :banghead: :confused: :p

I am actually not worried too much about it. He's a dumbass, but it isn't making us look THAT bad.

Bill Starks

State Researcher

After a bit of tweaking I was able to get the noise trimmed out but it really cut down on the overall sound quality. (electrical grounding issues were a big part) The good news is that someone came up and told me that they have the professional sound equipment for our future needs.

As far as the weather... at least it wasn't raining.

theaero

After a bit of tweaking I was able to get the noise trimmed out but it really cut down on the overall sound quality. (electrical grounding issues were a big part) The good news is that someone came up and told me that they have the professional sound equipment for our future needs.

As far as the weather... at least it wasn't raining.

If you ever need help in the future, I've done a bit of live sound work at a few local venues, as well as worked in quite a few recording and mixing studios in the area (including my own private studio). I'd be more than happy to help, and usually have some gear I can bring along.

theaero

Wow! theaero someone had to be pretty quick with the Camera to catch that picture...........................how could that have happened????????????????/

Not sure if you're joking, or implying it was intentionally staged, or ???. haha

From what I understand, it was the Seattletimes reporter who snapped it, and that we had a few members here who witnessed it?