• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WA Ceasefire - March in Seattle on 1-13-13

jolly__roger

jt59

Hopefully we can get a group together for this. I will bring my family.

Yes, it would be good to offer support to these families who have been so devasted and to encourage our legislators to support common sense solutions like expansion of the current armed security support at so many schools already in WA and encourage education funding support that would harden the facilities to better security like two level access entry, metal classroom doors and better glass and locking mechanisms and perhaps panic buttons in the classrooms that are directly connected to police support.....

Where is everyone going to meet?

jsanchez

I'm in. I think we should get as many progun people as we can a really outnumber them. Remember the press conference at pike market for the Starbuck petition, we outnumbered them 4 to 1. Lets do it again.

I think this event would be better than Olympia, just because it could be snowing later in the month. I think a huge pro gun turn out would really send a message and I think someone like Dave Workman or Dero's or Gogo should be our media people.

StevenOly

So is there any actual organization for the pro gun people going to protest the marchers? I read thru the WA Guns forum and everyone seems all over the map...

Elimsitna

I'm in, assuming we're going, Do we have/want a rally point for before the march?

I agree the Wa-guns post is kinda wobbly...

StevenOly

I think some organization would be good, but I'm new to the community so I'm not sure how these types of things usually go.

sudden valley gunner

I think some organization would be good, but I'm new to the community so I'm not sure how these types of things usually go.
We here on OCDO take a low tech but effective method of organizing. Name a place, date and time, if it works out some will show and some won't.

And welcome to the forum!

Last edited:

StevenOly

So is the plan to meet at Seattle Center since that's where there speakers and music will be? And thanks SVG for the welcome.

07Altima

I would like to go

I hope I can go I will see what I can do, thinking of duel carry of my two pistols :)

StevenOly

Honestly meeting them at the end with a bigger group then they will have marching will make quite a statement. The Seattle Times article said they were going to have over 1000 people but I don't know. I just want to make the biggest impact we can.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Honestly meeting them at the end with a bigger group then they will have marching will make quite a statement. The Seattle Times article said they were going to have over 1000 people but I don't know. I just want to make the biggest impact we can.

This is Truth, remember the "million man march"

Welcome to OCDO Steve.

jsanchez

This is just my opinion. Look at all the free press we could get this sunday by showing up in mass at this event. All 4 tv stations will have reporters there as well as the print media. We could get alot of exposure. I feel alot more than a rally at Olympia, just because the media dosen't have to drive so far.

Also Seattle is centrally located. Everyone in the state can come here easily.

I think if we turn there rally into our rally, it will bury them, and deter there membership from comming out.

Also we could get snow for our rally, and that would make transporting people to our event hard and lower turn out, and less media coverage.

Just throwing some ideas out there.

I will be at Westlake at 115pm to walk with them and make my voice heard in a peaceful, law abiding way.

Hope to see you all there.

Last edited:

Trigger Dr

Here is a chance to use your 2A right to defend their 1A right, by being their security detail.

StevenOly

This is just my opinion. Look at all the free press we could get this sunday by showing up in mass at this event. All 4 tv stations will have reporters there as well as the print media. We could get alot of exposure. I feel alot more than a rally at Olympia, just because the media dosen't have to drive so far.

Also Seattle is centrally located. Everyone in the state can come here easily.

I think if we turn there rally into our rally, it will bury them, and deter there membership from comming out.

Also we could get snow for our rally, and that would make transporting people to our event hard and lower turn out, and less media coverage.

Just throwing some ideas out there.

I will be at Westlake at 115pm to walk with them and make my voice heard in a peaceful, law abiding way.

Hope to see you all there.

I'm with this guy :) now we just have to see when the game gets over.