Thread: OK, Who Was It?

OK, Who Was It?

http://heraldnet.com/article/2013010...re-no-injuries

SILVERDALE -- A gun went off inside a Kitsap County store after a man dropped it, but no one was injured.

The Kitsap Sun reported that a 58-year-old Poulsbo man told deputies he had removed the .38-caliber, two-shot Derringer pistol from a holster on his belt before he entered the Cost Plus World Market in Silverdale on Saturday afternoon.

He put the gun in a coat pocket, but when he was in the middle of the store, he bent over -- and the pistol fell out and discharged.

Anyone here that might be that person?
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Wouldn't that violate the forum rule on mouse guns?

Quote Originally Posted by Difdi View Post
    Wouldn't that violate the forum rule on mouse guns?
    That and "Stupidity". Or is the latter a Forum Rule??
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Another derringer went off?
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Re: OK, Who Was It?

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    That and "Stupidity". Or is the latter a Forum Rule??
    Stupidity is not against forum rules, it's at least not enforced.

I didn't realize that people wore derringers in holsters. Maybe it's some new hipster fad.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Too lazy to do a blog! Follow me on Twitter instead! @6ShotScott

~ Yeap, good ol derringers ~

Derringers, especially the traditional single action ones take an extra amount of care in handling, attention to detail so to speak. I have carried one for a couple years now and never had problems, however, i understand it's mechanics and afford it some care to make sure it is safe.
    - Most people load em and forget to put them in half cock postition... this is an absolutely necessary step or else you will be walking around with the hammer and firing pin resting on the primer, and it will go off when dropped. Derringers are little clocks, require a handling akin to it's big brother the old western revolver. Surely, it is not a modern gun for modern owners.

~ Mine is a .38 special (see it is on half cock too).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TA-38 L.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	9796  
    Last edited by Batousaii; 01-07-2013 at 11:34 AM.
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

Quote Originally Posted by Batousaii View Post
    Derringers, especially the traditional single action ones take an extra amount of care in handling, attention to detail so to speak. I have carried one for a couple years now and never had problems, however, i understand it's mechanics and afford it some care to make sure it is safe.
    - Most people load em and forget to put them in half cock postition... this is an absolutely necessary step or else you will be walking around with the hammer and firing pin resting on the primer, and it will go off when dropped. Derringers are little clocks, require a handling akin to it's big brother the old western revolver. Surely, it is not a modern gun for modern owners.

Nice. I like Derringers...I just don't like to carry them. They are a bit tricky to handle safely.

Quote Originally Posted by Batousaii View Post

Half cock, huh. Yes, I suppose that would be important especially if carrying in a pants pocket. If not, then the carrier could end up with the same "condition"