• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dear Mr. Security Agent

cbxer55

See link at bottom for full article.

Federal, state, or local. You, the man or woman with the badge, the sworn LEO or FLEA and those who inhabit the many law enforcement niches in between and on all sides. This essay is directed to you, because in the end, how this turmoil about gun control turns out will depend largely upon your decisions and actions over the coming months and years.

The unintended consequences of this misguided utopian fool’s crusade to ban guns would include a second civil war as agonizingly painful as the first one, if not more so, since there would be no front lines and no safe areas for anybody, anywhere. Every sane American wants to prevent such a calamitous outcome as a “dirty civil war” on United States soil.

But know this: those tens of millions will never be quietly disarmed and then later forced at government gunpoint onto history’s next boxcars. If boxcars and detention camps are to be in America’s future, then you, Mr. Security Agent, will have to disarm them the hard way first. Not Piers Morgan, not Michael Moore, not Rosie O’Donnell, not Dianne Feinstein, not Chuck Schumer.

You.

http://westernrifleshooters.wordpress.com/2013/01/07/bracken-dear-mr-security-agent/

Last edited:

Ken56

Wonderful read. I have already shared this with a few of my "anti" friends and the Diane Rehm show at NPR, who just had a discussion about gun control. Next is to my congresman and senator and the state ones too.

davidmcbeth

Banned
The Red Line:

The red line will be crossed with the passage of laws mandating that currently owned weapons, ammunition magazines, and ammunition quantities above a certain number must be turned in to authorities or destroyed, and thereafter their simple possession will be a felony. At that point, the nation will be on a hair trigger, with a thousand flaring matches nearing a thousand primed cannon fuses aimed directly at the next Fort Sumter.
from link

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Excellent read. The author of the article also wrote an outstanding pro-2a, pro limited government fiction trilogy known as the Enemies Trilogy. Absolutely great books.

EMNofSeattle

I don't know, how many of the keyboard commandos are actually going to take on the Government if gun control is passed...

it hasn't happened for centuries. The only time I'm aware of citizens since the 1900s using armed resistance to tyranny is the McMinn County War in Tennessee in the late 1940s, and it was a group of dozens of military veterans against a corrupt sheriff and a handful of deputies, and no one was actually killed.

how many of you will seriously stand and shoot at a SWAT van or national guard column coming down your street?
they're not going to go door to door anyway, they're going to make a compulsory buy back like in Australia, and then go after the resisters individually over time. unless you plan for you and your militia to go shoot up the buy back locations in a group I doubt any effective resistance will be raised.

Or if you plan on your whole posse standing on the village green in a group of hundreds, but then the national guard will just be brought out, now this will depend on whether the military will be on the government side or the resisters side.... ... probably not the resistance.

Last edited:

Lukewagler

I don't know, how many of the keyboard commandos are actually going to take on the Government if gun control is passed...

it hasn't happened for centuries. The only time I'm aware of citizens since the 1900s using armed resistance to tyranny is the McMinn County War in Tennessee in the late 1940s, and it was a group of dozens of military veterans against a corrupt sheriff and a handful of deputies, and no one was actually killed.

how many of you will seriously stand and shoot at a SWAT van or national guard column coming down your street?
they're not going to go door to door anyway, they're going to make a compulsory buy back like in Australia, and then go after the resisters individually over time. unless you plan for you and your militia to go shoot up the buy back locations in a group I doubt any effective resistance will be raised.

Or if you plan on your whole posse standing on the village green in a group of hundreds, but then the national guard will just be brought out, now this will depend on whether the military will be on the government side or the resisters side.... ... probably not the resistance.
I think you underestimate the military, especially the national guard, and the police. I think you will be surprised how many of them will refuse to go along with confiscation, and many will even go as far as to actively support the resistance.

EMNofSeattle

I think you underestimate the military, especially the national guard, and the police. I think you will be surprised how many of them will refuse to go along with confiscation, and many will even go as far as to actively support the resistance.

That's great but you're playing blackjack against the house, look at the "house" how big and fancy and how much power it has, and then you look at your hand and say "I can beat the house" maybe but not likely.

You're not listening. the Government IS NOT going to send federal agents door to door asking for all your guns to be put in a giant bag for collection.
They're going to set up in downtown and say you have 90 days to turn in your gun for a check. then they'll head out with individual arrests and prosecutions, never taking more then a few people at a time.

they know that if they try an NO style grab that mass resistance to the policy will start. so they'll take the kinder gentler way. they're not going to show up with "The People's Sovereign Posse Milita" or whatever the group is this week has all 150 of their members in battle rattle with ARs and glocks ready to fight tyranny, they're going to wait until the fat memembers go on "leave" to "requisition" some McDonalds and arrest them, and then turn them into snitches with a plea deal and then the whole group will be given up. just like the Montana Freemen, the Feds have learned their lesson since Ruby Ridge and Waco, a military siege is not likely, especially nearly everyone in these "patriot" movements is a snitch waiting to be plea bargained. It's one thing to sit in rooms talking about "watering the tree of liberty" while smoking and swigging beer, it's another to conduct a military campaign.

Lord Sega

I am in the Air National Guard, and we are REQUIRED by UCMJ to question and to not follow illegal orders.
Stopping and disarming a looter during an emergency is one thing.
Disarming law abiding citizens defending their homes / businesses WILL be questioned and REFUSED.

EMNofSeattle

I am in the Air National Guard, and we are REQUIRED by UCMJ to question and to not follow illegal orders.
Stopping and disarming a looter during an emergency is one thing.
Disarming law abiding citizens defending their homes / businesses WILL be questioned and REFUSED.

How many do you think will though?

are you willing to sit in a cell for derelection of duty or even treason if your commanding officer doesn't like your response?

maybe you are, and that's noble of you.

But I several people in the military who have flat out told me that they would fire into an unarmed non-violent crowd if told to do so and let their commanding officers take the fall for the order. so how many of those are floating around in the service do you think?
And I'm not ragging on the military, I love and respect the military, but lets be realistic, like everything the military is composed of people, how much pressure do you think the average GI is willing to endure if push comes to shove?

Especially if gun control is only enacted incrementally. you can own your AR-15 but no mags carrying more then 10 rounds, you can own your AR-15 but now the limit is 5 rounds, now it's 3.

now you can't own it all. at what phase are the "patriots" going to start the 2nd revolution and how will the government actually respond and how will their personel obey or disobey orders? You want to know about unlawful orders? I want you to go to google and just type in "My Lai" and then tell me all about how every soldier will automatically disobey an unlawful order.

And since I know you're reading it now, or not

The three US Service men who interfered with their fellow soldiers committing the massacre, Hugh Thomspon and his helicopter crew, were denounced as "traitors" by US congressmen and had death threats and mutilated animals left at their homes after they returned from tour. lets not kid ourselves, organization pressure is a powerful thing.

Last edited:

Firearms Iinstuctor

Look at the numbers if only one percent of the gun owners took a active part you at talking hundreds of thousands.

If one percent of the jews would have killed one each Nazi you don't think 60,000 dead wouldn't have matter.

People are shocked and complain about a few hundred killed in war over seas about a hunderd or so dead LEOs a year in the states. Most of them not even shot. Cities yell when one or two officers are shot what is going to happen if a dozen or a hundred don't go home at the end of shift.

If just one percent took part in a active manner or even just 10,000 took care of one gun grabber in a year the out cry would be great.

KBCraig

I would like to think that state and local police and federal agents would hesitate, and think about their oath, before enforcing gun confiscation.

And then I stop and think about all the unconstitutional gun laws and drug law they enforce without hesitation, with zeal even, even laws that they don't agree with, because they're "just doing their jobs". I see almost daily reports of police actions in Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey, and Maryland where it's obvious that entire departments would love the opportunity to confiscate all guns, and lock up all gun owners.

Will an awakening of conscience and fidelity shock them into refusing unconstitutional orders, when they've already been violating their oaths for their entire careers? I certainly hope so. Will a strong sense of self preservation give them pause? Okay, if that's what it takes.

I sincerely hope it doesn't come down to that. Honestly and truly, I do.

Firearms Iinstuctor

A lot depends on where one is located at in the rual areas very few if any LEO's will go along with it.

In bigger cities and in the anti gun states one will find more LEOs going along with it.

There will still be those who will be on the correct side passing along information,ammo and other things to the resistance.

Those gun owners who are weak hearted and don't see themselfs being able to take direct action can help any many ways.

Work hard now so you don't have to worry about being brave,up holding the consitution. Call and write your congress critters don let them compromse your rights away.

Take some one new out shooting

don't snitch ,don't inform.

Sell your guns on the open market to some who will and can take action for cash and forget who it was.

Give your spare ammo to some one who can.