Thread: Went to the doctors office today..

Went to the doctors office today..

Nothing serious just quarterly monitoring for type II diabetes (blood work, blood pressure). I have been dropping a lot of weight lately and the nurse says "Doc wants an accurate weight on you today so take off your boots and jacket and you can put the hardware on that shelf". They know I carry, I OC in warm weather and she said it like it was the most normal thing in the world, like she says it to everyone. The scales are right in front a big "U" where the gals answering the phones sit, nobody batted an eye.

Love living in Western Colorado!!!
    Last edited by F350; 01-07-2013 at 04:41 PM.

Banned
    If you continually carry, your firearm is an integral part of your person. Take everything else off, but stand there in your altogether, properly strapped, and weigh your full self!

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    If you continually carry, your firearm is an integral part of your person. Take everything else off, but stand there in your altogether, properly strapped, and weigh your full self!

Oh, man. That's gonna skew the weight charts. I can just see some doctor calling Colt to see how much a 1911 weighs. And, since those weights are unloaded, you're prolly gonna haveta drop the mag and clear the chamber.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

I had a simular incident at my local urgent care center. I went there to have a severe sore throat looked at. The nurse practitioner wanted me to untuck my shirt so that she could check my breathing. Wisconsin had just started to issue CCL not even a week before. I said to her " don't be alarmed, I have a pistol under my shirt. She said back," I was wondering when I would encounter this ... I didn't realize it would be so soon.". We sat down and after she finished with her consult she asked if I had time to discuss concealed carry ... She was interested in getting her liscense!