Thread: Keith Ratliff, Weapons manager of FPS Russia Found Murdered

Keith Ratliff, Weapons manager of FPS Russia Found Murdered

A bit of more tragic news, Keith Ratliff, the weapons manager of FPS Russia (not FPS Russia himself) was recently found dead. It was reported that he was found tied to a chair and shot in the back of the head. FPS Russia is the third most popular YouTube channel and helps bring a ton of exposure to guns, and he blows a lot of stuff up. RIP Mr. Ratliff.

From the details, it was not a robbery turned murder. His guns were still left in the house. So, why was he murdered mob style?

This represents a second well known player in the firearms industry to be killed in the past week. Only a few days ago, John Novseke was killed in a somewhat mysterious car crash.
    Ironically, a recent FPS Russia video showed him tied to a chair and held hostage.
    http://www.armoryblog.com/news/keith...ound-murdered/

Confirmed here
    http://www.twitlonger.com/show/kkue1m
    Last edited by zack991; 01-07-2013 at 08:22 PM.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

More info
    http://www.921wlhr.com/body-found-in...-identified-2/

Body Found in Carnesville Identified
    January 7, 2013
    By MJ Kneiser

In Carnesville, not much is known yet about the death of a Kentucky man found late last Thursday on Hayes Road.

According to Franklin County Sheriff Stevie Thomas, the body of 32-year old Keith Ratliff of Frankfort, Kentucky was found about 5:45p Thursday evening.

At the time, authorities would not release any information until the victim’s relatives had been notified. On Sunday, Thomas said Ratliff’s body was discovered after a 911 call.

“We received a call about a possible DOA,” Thomas said Sunday. “Upon the deputies arrival, they found a white male who was unconscious and not breathing. EMS personnel came and determined the man was deceased.”

Thomas said they are treating the death as a homicide until the investigation proves otherwise. He would not say why the man was in Carnesville or give any other information.

Investigators, Thomas said, determined Ratliff had died of a single gunshot to the head and that his body been there for some time. Thomas said investigators found numerous guns in the area where Ratliff’s body was found.

Sheriff Thomas said agents with the Georgia Bureau of Investigation have been called in to assist in the investigation. Ratliff’s body was taken to the GBI Crime Lab in Atlanta for autopsy.

Thomas said the investigation is ongoing and more information will be released as it becomes available.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.

Does Nutnfancy have an alibi?

Keith Ratliff, Weapons manager of FPS Russia Found Murdered

Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post
    Does Nutnfancy have an alibi?
    Haha, well played!

Disturbing news, have to wonder what he may have been involved in. That kind of killing seems somewhat personal.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    Haha, well played!

Disturbing news, have to wonder what he may have been involved in. That kind of killing seems somewhat personal.
    I dont know the man at all but this whole thing screams drugs.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zack991 View Post
    I dont know the man at all but this whole thing screams drugs.
    I can't figure out why there were guns left behind. Was there a gun fight? Was there a crime scene with lots of spent brass and blood from multiple wounded? I can't figure it out.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

They have not released any info as of yet, from the sounds of it, it sounds like it was a act of revenge of some sort.
    Last edited by zack991; 01-07-2013 at 09:45 PM.

The path of the righteous man is beset, on all sides by the inequities of darkness, and the tyranny of evil men. blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brothers keeper...

bonus point for that movie reference.

I think organized crime is a likely theory. why would a crackhead execute someone and steal no property? why would a burglar execute someone and take nothing of value?

no, someone felt wronged and wanted him offed. although it depends, it said no firearms were taken, how about cash, jewelry, electronics? there are people who will kill for that stuff. But it makes sense no firearms were taken because firearms are all serial numbered and if reported stolen could increase the hazards of being caught with them.

I wonder, did someone know Ratliff was with FPSrussia, or even know who FPS russia is?

I don't think nutnfancy would do it, he seems like such a nice guy...
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Well,,,

travolta and jackson,,, lotsa guns and a briefcase...
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Well Bob

I'm wondering, this Ratliff guy was an FFL from what I understand...

yes you are correct, pulp fiction

I wonder if he was dealing on the side or running a front through his FFL license, like "laundering" guns or something like that.

not to sound movie cliche. but the nature of the killing should call his business practices into question.
    Last edited by EMNofSeattle; 01-07-2013 at 10:58 PM.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Banned
    Only good russian is a ..... you know

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Only good russian is a ..... you know
    Naw. Lotsa good Russians out there.

Besides, the name Keith Ratliff doesn't exactly sound Russian.
    Last edited by Citizen; 01-10-2013 at 06:39 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

FPS Russia was/is an act, for Youtube. Entertainment value, nothing more.

Does smell fishy though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady
    I am no victim, just a poor college student who looks to the day where the rich have the living piss taxed out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by zack991 View Post
    A bit of more tragic news, Keith Ratliff, the weapons manager of FPS Russia (not FPS Russia himself) was recently found dead. It was reported that he was found tied to a chair and shot in the back of the head.1 FPS Russia is the third most popular YouTube channel and helps bring a ton of exposure to guns, and he blows a lot of stuff up. RIP Mr. Ratliff.

From the details, it was not a robbery turned murder.2 His guns were still left in the house. So, why was he murdered mob style?

This represents a second well known player in the firearms industry to be killed in the past week. Only a few days ago, John Novseke was killed in a somewhat mysterious car crash.
    Ironically, a recent FPS Russia video showed him tied to a chair and held hostage.3
    http://www.armoryblog.com/news/keith...ound-murdered/

Confirmed here4
    http://www.twitlonger.com/show/kkue1m
    Where is that reported?1 Where is that reported?2

These two links do not confirm that the decedent was found "tied to a chair and shot in the back of the head."3 That statement has not been made by anyone but you it seems. I have not read every news account, therefore if you have a source where LE has confirmed your allegation please provide the source.

The second link4 does not confirm the theatrics portrayed in the first link3. The first link3 does not comport with LE statements reported by "reputable" media sources coming out of GA.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Thomas released few other details. However, he denied reports from a TV station and blogs that Ratliff was found tied up.

http://www.kentucky.com/2013/01/08/2...n-georgia.html
    It seems that LE has a different perspective.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare