• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Keith Ratliff, Weapons manager of FPS Russia Found Murdered

zack991

A bit of more tragic news, Keith Ratliff, the weapons manager of FPS Russia (not FPS Russia himself) was recently found dead. It was reported that he was found tied to a chair and shot in the back of the head. FPS Russia is the third most popular YouTube channel and helps bring a ton of exposure to guns, and he blows a lot of stuff up. RIP Mr. Ratliff.

From the details, it was not a robbery turned murder. His guns were still left in the house. So, why was he murdered mob style?

This represents a second well known player in the firearms industry to be killed in the past week. Only a few days ago, John Novseke was killed in a somewhat mysterious car crash.
Ironically, a recent FPS Russia video showed him tied to a chair and held hostage.
http://www.armoryblog.com/news/keith-ratliff-weapons-manager-of-fps-russia-found-murdered/

Confirmed here
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/kkue1m

Last edited:

zack991

More info
http://www.921wlhr.com/body-found-in-carnesville-identified-2/

Body Found in Carnesville Identified
January 7, 2013
By MJ Kneiser

In Carnesville, not much is known yet about the death of a Kentucky man found late last Thursday on Hayes Road.

According to Franklin County Sheriff Stevie Thomas, the body of 32-year old Keith Ratliff of Frankfort, Kentucky was found about 5:45p Thursday evening.

At the time, authorities would not release any information until the victim’s relatives had been notified. On Sunday, Thomas said Ratliff’s body was discovered after a 911 call.

“We received a call about a possible DOA,” Thomas said Sunday. “Upon the deputies arrival, they found a white male who was unconscious and not breathing. EMS personnel came and determined the man was deceased.”

Thomas said they are treating the death as a homicide until the investigation proves otherwise. He would not say why the man was in Carnesville or give any other information.

Investigators, Thomas said, determined Ratliff had died of a single gunshot to the head and that his body been there for some time. Thomas said investigators found numerous guns in the area where Ratliff’s body was found.

Sheriff Thomas said agents with the Georgia Bureau of Investigation have been called in to assist in the investigation. Ratliff’s body was taken to the GBI Crime Lab in Atlanta for autopsy.

Thomas said the investigation is ongoing and more information will be released as it becomes available.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I dont know the man at all but this whole thing screams drugs.

I can't figure out why there were guns left behind. Was there a gun fight? Was there a crime scene with lots of spent brass and blood from multiple wounded? I can't figure it out.

zack991

They have not released any info as of yet, from the sounds of it, it sounds like it was a act of revenge of some sort.

Last edited:

EMNofSeattle

The path of the righteous man is beset, on all sides by the inequities of darkness, and the tyranny of evil men. blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brothers keeper...

bonus point for that movie reference.

I think organized crime is a likely theory. why would a crackhead execute someone and steal no property? why would a burglar execute someone and take nothing of value?

no, someone felt wronged and wanted him offed. although it depends, it said no firearms were taken, how about cash, jewelry, electronics? there are people who will kill for that stuff. But it makes sense no firearms were taken because firearms are all serial numbered and if reported stolen could increase the hazards of being caught with them.

I wonder, did someone know Ratliff was with FPSrussia, or even know who FPS russia is?

I don't think nutnfancy would do it, he seems like such a nice guy...

EMNofSeattle

Well Bob

I'm wondering, this Ratliff guy was an FFL from what I understand...

yes you are correct, pulp fiction

I wonder if he was dealing on the side or running a front through his FFL license, like "laundering" guns or something like that.

not to sound movie cliche. but the nature of the killing should call his business practices into question.

Last edited:

OC for ME

A bit of more tragic news, Keith Ratliff, the weapons manager of FPS Russia (not FPS Russia himself) was recently found dead. It was reported that he was found tied to a chair and shot in the back of the head.[SUP]1[/SUP] FPS Russia is the third most popular YouTube channel and helps bring a ton of exposure to guns, and he blows a lot of stuff up. RIP Mr. Ratliff.

From the details, it was not a robbery turned murder.[SUP]2[/SUP] His guns were still left in the house. So, why was he murdered mob style?

This represents a second well known player in the firearms industry to be killed in the past week. Only a few days ago, John Novseke was killed in a somewhat mysterious car crash.
Ironically, a recent FPS Russia video showed him tied to a chair and held hostage.[SUP]3[/SUP]
http://www.armoryblog.com/news/keith-ratliff-weapons-manager-of-fps-russia-found-murdered/

Confirmed here[SUP]4[/SUP]
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/kkue1m
[SUP][/SUP]Where is that reported?[SUP]1[/SUP] [SUP][/SUP]Where is that reported?[SUP]2[/SUP]

These two links do not confirm that the decedent was found "tied to a chair and shot in the back of the head."[SUP]3[/SUP] That statement has not been made by anyone but you it seems. I have not read every news account, therefore if you have a source where LE has confirmed your allegation please provide the source.

The second link[SUP]4[/SUP] does not confirm the theatrics portrayed in the first link[SUP]3[/SUP]. The first link[SUP]3[/SUP] does not comport with LE statements reported by "reputable" media sources coming out of GA.