Thread: If Jesus was carrying a Colt .45

If Jesus was carrying a Colt .45

He would still be alive today.

Jesus wouldn't have carried a firearm. The whole point was to die.

Christians say to "be like Christ," until it doesn't suit them.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post

I don't say that. Talk about a blanket statement.

Quote Originally Posted by wardtom084 View Post
    Sorry about that. Not all Christians say, "be like Christ."
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

It would be far more accurate to say that Christians are to do their utmost to follow His teachings. One of those teachings is found in Luke 22:36, He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one."

I would strongly suspect that His advice in this day and age would not be to buy a sword.
    "Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    SNIP I would strongly suspect that His advice in this day and age would not be to buy a sword.
    Well, I suppose He wouldn't advise buying a Beretta--Italian origins and all.

Perhaps a Desert Eagle--Isreali origin?

Or, maybe a 1911--Browning/Mormon origin?
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wardtom084 View Post
    And a strawman.

Anyway, Jesus IS alive today. I kinda like the way He did things. His method means that I can live forever. If He hadn't died, I would have to.

Thank you for the liberal perspective.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    I've met a Jesus who carried a .45.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    I've met a Jesus who carried a .45.
    I bet you did, LOL

While the original post itself seemed pointless, where did this come from?
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
    While the original post itself seemed pointless, where did this come from?
    You see who posted it don't you? And, you still wonder why it was posted when it had nothing to do with anything?

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    It would be far more accurate to say that Christians are to do their utmost to follow His teachings. One of those teachings is found in Luke 22:36, He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one."

I would strongly suspect that His advice in this day and age would not be to buy a sword.
    But to buy an AK47. Or did I mistake your intent?
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)