• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I will be in Pulaski, recomendations on where to stay/eat etc.

pfries

Due to a death in the family, wife’s step brother 12:30 New Years morning we will be in Pulaski for a few days toward the end of this week. I am not sure exactly when due to circumstances. Are there any recommendations for places to stay, eat, and possibly take the children for entertainment, I cannot see making them stay at the funeral home for the entire time? Any and all input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Pat

No trees were harmed by the posting in this forum, however an exorbitant number of electrons were inordinately incommoded.

papa bear

hey PFRIES, sorry not much in Pulaski couple of good places next door in Dublin, there's also Radford and Wythvile. look on the highway into Dublin cool spring in draper. you do have the VA New River Trail for bike riding which is great. and Clayter lake to do somethings

which funeral home they are probably a client of mine

mpguy

My department runs a Veterans cemetery up in Dublin. One of the workers transferred from here in Suffolk to there. I'll see if he's at work tomorrow and ask him about the sights.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

pfries

My department runs a Veterans cemetery up in Dublin. One of the workers transferred from here in Suffolk to there. I'll see if he's at work tomorrow and ask him about the sights.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Much appreciated.

mpguy

Much appreciated.

Just wanted to update you, I haven't been able to talk to the gentlemen that I was refering to. He's on...administrative leave, I guess is putting it nicely. Sorry I couldn't help.:(

I will say this, there's plenty to do "around" dublin. I've personally never been. I can only go buy what my Supervisor has told me from his travels there. Sorry for your loss. Hope everything works out for you.