• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone see Alex Jones on CNN last night?

EMNofSeattle

So Alex Jones showed up for an interview with Piers Morgan on CNN (already you know something's wrong there) And so Piers brings up that Alex has been promoting the deportation petition, and right Away our good patriot friend Alex Jones begins babbling about banking cartels and the New World Order staging attacks to disarm america to take away our rights.

He then begins some rant about how it's 1775 all over again and "we're ready for the fight" and basically making himself look like someone who needs to be committed to a mental health hospital for public safety...

really He didn't gun owners any favors by making an ass of himself on national cable TV

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...s-american-gun-owners-look-really-really-bad/

This is exactly who NOT to sound like when defending gun rights.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
EMN,

Even nuts can possess facts. Its how they evaluate facts that makes them nutty. And, given some of the things the fedgov was proved doing, I'm not sure how far off base he is. For sure, the banking cartel has been proved.

Why on earth do you worry so much about how somebody makes the rest of us look? There are plenty of people are not going to take him as the face of gun rights. In fact, I'll bet the number of people who do, is rather low.

So, relax. And, quit worrying about it.

sharkey

EMN,

It's not like he was carrying an AK or anything. You can only make us look bad by exercising the 2cd in poor taste, not the 1st.

You are one of us who say a right not exercised .... are you not?

Last edited:

eye95

But when those facts are presented by nuts, those facts are dismissed. If someone else uses that fact, they'll hear, "Where'd ya get that? From Alex Jones? *snicker*"

Guys like him do not help. They only serve to take our collective eye off the ball.

OC for ME

Style over substance is creeping into this discussion. Next we will be expressing our desire for Mr. Jones to be tolerant of Mr. Morgan's views, in the spirit of the 1A. Mr. Morgan's call for the repeal of the 2A notwithstanding.

sharkey

Style over substance is creeping into this discussion. Next we will be expressing our desire for Mr. Jones to be tolerant of Mr. Morgan's views, in the spirit of the 1A. Mr. Morgan's call for the repeal of the 2A notwithstanding.

My apologies good sir.

sudden valley gunner

EMN,

Even nuts can possess facts. Its how they evaluate facts that makes them nutty. And, given some of the things the fedgov was proved doing, I'm not sure how far off base he is. For sure, the banking cartel has been proved.

Why on earth do you worry so much about how somebody makes the rest of us look? There are plenty of people are not going to take him as the face of gun rights. In fact, I'll bet the number of people who do, is rather low.

So, relax. And, quit worrying about it.

+1 Good post.

Anti's will be anti's no matter what we say or do.

I'd rather have conspiracy nuts who want to limit federal government on my side than those who believe in a bigger stronger government.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
But when those facts are presented by nuts, those facts are dismissed. If someone else uses that fact, they'll hear, "Where'd ya get that? From Alex Jones? *snicker*"

Guys like him do not help. They only serve to take our collective eye off the ball.

Rejected by who? The people who knew there was a conspiracy to murder the first Kennedy and MLK because the stories didn't add up? Or, the oh-so sophisticated media talking heads who reject pretty much anything freedom-minded or anti-establishment anyway?

I think Alex Jones gets carried away with his evaluations sometimes. But, its not like he's saying there are purple alien body-snatchers operating out of Roswell and taking over the world.

And, its not like you and EMN can't undermine the nuttiness by presenting the same facts to your circles of friends in rational manner. Or, can't you?

Worrying about the way Jones represents gun-owners says a lot about how you view the audience.

eye95

I do not have contact with Jones' or Morgan's audiences, so I can influence hardly anyone who saw the broadcast. Therefore, his nuttiness is out there, undermining the rationality of the rest of the movement, will little I can do but complain about nuts out there presenting what should be a rational case.

And, that is all that I am doing, saying that Jones is not helping the case. His fringiness hurts everything he says, even when he is right.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

davidmcbeth

Banned
And, that is all that I am doing, saying that Jones is not helping the case. His fringiness hurts everything he says, even when he is right.
<o>

I don't know if he has hurt anything. The 2nd amendment is still the 2nd amendment. If anything, its getting a lot of plays.

I don't think he is "on the fringe" .. he is vocal that's all.

Who here will give their guns up that the gov't says they must? And what are those who are not willing to do this willing to do when they knock on the door?

Snazuolu

if Jones is nutty, i'd hate to see what i would be classified as. while i dont agree with every thing jones has said over the years, i do realize that when the SHTF, i would want jones along side me fighting for freedom.

Brent Hartman

I think Alex Jones did a good job with Piers Morgan. Larry Pratt, of the Gun Owners of America, was much more calm and composed, which resulted in Piers constantly speaking over him and calling him an "unbelievably stupid man". While I think Larry Pratt did an outstanding job in that interview, I appreciated how Alex Jones brought a gun to Piers Morgan's knife fight. :)

Also, if you google "Alex Jones open carry", you will see that Jones routinely supports open carry advocates. Let's not forget that we are oftentimes considered extreme even by other so-called supporters of the 2nd Amendment.

eye95

I am not saying that Jones is extreme. I welcome the help of extreme supporters of the RKBA. I am saying that he is a nutjob. Nutjobs, even when they say the right things, do not help forward the cause among rank-and-file Americans who need to be persuaded out of their emotional views into a rational one. Jones just causes them to retrench.

Yeah, many in the movement appreciate him. (I don't.) But they already support the RKBA. The point in being on Morgan's show is to reach people who don't fully support the Right, but could be converted. Jones does not help at all in that regard, no matter how happy that preacher is making the choir.

<o>

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I do not have contact with Jones' or Morgan's audiences, so I can influence hardly anyone who saw the broadcast. Therefore, his nuttiness is out there, undermining the rationality of the rest of the movement, will little I can do but complain about nuts out there presenting what should be a rational case.

<o>

Careful, Eye. You're doing yourself no favors by stipulating that rationality should be the basis. Persuasion has a long, long history of including emotion. Limiting discussion to rationality is like saying wood should only be worked with one type of chisel.

If you stipulate rationality, you will lose often to those who include emotion--because men are emotional beings. Nothing--nothing--men do omits emotion. Every single activity of a human being has an emotion associated with it. For any readers unsure about that, take a moment and recall various activities, and then recall your emotion at the time.

Its not whether the discussion is rational; the first importance is whether the persuasion is toward an ethical goal.

eye95

Emotion is the tool of those who cannot use ration. In this case, it is the tool of the antis. We should not use emotion, we should passionately use rationality.

<o>

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Emotion is the tool of those who cannot use ration. In this case, it is the tool of the antis. We should not use emotion, we should passionately use rationality.

<o>

Balderdash! You're telling me that men like Cicero--Rome's greatest orator--Socrates, Patrick Henry, Daniel Webster, couldn't use rationality? That's absurd.

Nevermind The Sermon on the Mount. The Son strikes at least six or seven emotional chords, and in a few places, several at once by his phrasing. Are you really prepared to say the Son of God couldn't use rationality? Or, that God so little understood His creations, that he was mistaken in his appeal to men's deepest emotions?

The problem with anti-gunner's style is that they utilize negative emotions like fear towards an unethical goal.

Tucker6900

<o>

Its obvious with the re election of the tyrant Obama that the time for emotionless discussion has passed. If we dont stand and shout, we will lose. The only thing about the interview I was disappointed about was that he strayed from the subject that he went there to discuss. Without more people like Alex Jones, we will fade quietly into the dark wondering, "What Happened?"

Steeler-gal

Especially when video clips of his lunatic ranting is spread all over twitter and FB. It just doesn't help the cause. Everyone thinks we're all nuts like him.