• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone see Alex Jones on CNN last night?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Especially when video clips of his lunatic ranting is spread all over twitter and FB. It just doesn't help the cause. Everyone thinks we're all nuts like him.

Celebration! I open carried this afternoon and encountered one person--the one person in the whole world--who doesn't think we're nuts.

Last edited:

EMNofSeattle

I personally think Alex Jones needs to be committed before he leads his cult to mass suicide.

The guy does all sorts of strange theatrics, nearly every raving prediction he makes is wrong. He goes around flashing his gun on prisonplanet TV promising to "take people out" and in one show said that he looks forward to the day when CPS workers are drug out of their officer and executed on national TV.

Then he's out claiming there is a new world order of globalist banking elites trying to take away our freedom to own guns so they can oppress us (apparently the firearms corporations and the banks and insurance companies that do business with the firearms industry are not part of the globalist banking elite, or are they?)

Then he says 9/11 was an inside job (of course), just about the only conspiracy I haven't heard him spout is Freedom1man's theory of NASA destroying evidence of moon people.

The problem with all you extreme libertarians, is that you just assume that everyone else in the world is supposed to be an extreme libertarian (which will never happen) and instead of trying to convince people through selling your ideas, you go forth and say things like the School system is responsible for the sandy hook shooting becuase they shouldn't exist, that people need guns to overthrow the government, and all sorts of other strange stuff. How many people can relate to using guns to overthrow the government? virtually no one, the only time in this country since 1900 that guns have been used in that regard was an incident in 1946, and even then the goal was not to overthrow the government, but accomplish a specific objective of retrieving ballot boxes. So when you go around saying

Well I need my guns cuz I reckon them government gonna take 'em away, thomas J said we need a good re'lution every 20 yers I reckon we big overdue

Please citizen, pretend you're the average suburban american or congressional representative, who does that guy look like? someone who's a danger to themselves and others. No one knows what its like to go to war on their own streets nor do they wanna find out. It's just like when Wayne LaPierre blamed video games for the Sandy Hook shooting, well the majority of young people their first exposure to firearms will be on the screen, not the NRA safety class or firing range.When I was in high school I used that to my advantage to introduce people to the firearms culture, at the time a game called Call of Duty: World At War was popular and had a storyline following the Russian 3rd Shock Army's advance into Germany, so I used the fact that the Mosin-Nagant was featured in the game to take people to the range and shoot a very real Mosin-Nagant.

If you want people in the gun culture supporting gun rights, you need to introduce in a way they can relate to. If the average americans view of a gun owner is some lunatic from Texas raving about banking cartels and 1775 all over again then all we're going to see is more gun control.

EMNofSeattle

And that's exactly why Alex Jones was invited to the program.

do you think Piers Morgan would've been ready to debate Massad Ayoob, or Dave Workman, or Alan Gottlieb, or Lars Larson, or Robert Farago or any of the actually smart and sane pro-gun voices, no he would've treated then like larry pratt and made himself look like a moron, instead he brought A.J. and just let him babble because then he doesn't have to trash gun owners, AJ did it for him.

Last edited:

sharkey

EMN,

We never went to the moon.

ETA ... as I'm still reading your long diatrabe, I'm starting to think there was no Sandy Hook either, but that's a whole new thread.

I was about to say Mr. Jones does not represent the Libertarians but I guess my above statements just threw that out the window, eh?

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP Please citizen, pretend you're the average suburban american or congressional representative, who does that guy look like? someone who's a danger to themselves and others. No one knows what its like to go to war on their own streets nor do they wanna find out.

You guys worry too much about the effect Alex Jones has in the minds of society regarding the rest of us. Y'all act like almost as if a nation of unthinking boobs is gonna suddenly oppose guns just because of Alex Jones. Almost as though you can't go on twitter and use it as an opportunity to show how reasonable self-defense freedom really is. I can't say I'm all that impressed with your understanding or attitude towards your fellow man's intelligence.

People are going to be far more affected by the steady diet of anti-gun message running in the media--the fence sitters and predisposed anyway. I was in a fast-food restaurant for about 30 minutes today. The entire period was filled with anti-gun this-and-that. All thirty minutes except for commercials.

You're just assigning too much significance to Alex Jones.

Separately, I don't recall hearing anybody criticize Ted Nugent for stuff like telling a certain woman running for prez "...there's a message in there somewhere; read between the lines" while holding up five fingers.

Really all you're doing is accusing Piers Morgan of being effective at accomplishing his goal. So what? It would be more amazing--and unbelievable--if the anti-gunners did not include very intelligent, effective people. Quit whining and get busy nullifying their effect.

eye95

You guys worry too much about the effect Alex Jones has in the minds of society regarding the rest of us. Y'all act like almost as if a nation of unthinking boobs is gonna suddenly oppose guns just because of Alex Jones...

Please let us make our own arguments, and then try to refute them, not your own easily defused strawmen.

I worry, as a RKBA advocate, being lumped together with this nutjob and being dismissed as a result, despite approaching the argument from a rational perspective. Alex Jones and folks who support him damage our ability to rationally present the argument for the RKBA. I do not worry about boobs suddenly opposing guns because of him.

Did that clear up the opposing view enough for you to argue against it instead of arguing against invented views?

sharkey

I was actuallly going to suggest the Peirs interview Ted next, ha!

You guys worry too much about the effect Alex Jones has in the minds of society regarding the rest of us. Y'all act like almost as if a nation of unthinking boobs is gonna suddenly oppose guns just because of Alex Jones. Almost as though you can't go on twitter and use it as an opportunity to show how reasonable self-defense freedom really is. I can't say I'm all that impressed with your understanding or attitude towards your fellow man's intelligence.

People are going to be far more affected by the steady diet of anti-gun message running in the media--the fence sitters and predisposed anyway. I was in a fast-food restaurant for about 30 minutes today. The entire period was filled with anti-gun this-and-that. All thirty minutes except for commercials.

You're just assigning too much significance to Alex Jones.

Separately, I don't recall hearing anybody criticize Ted Nugent for stuff like telling a certain woman running for prez "...there's a message in there somewhere; read between the lines" while holding up five fingers.

Really all you're doing is accusing Piers Morgan of being effective at accomplishing his goal. So what? It would be more amazing--and unbelievable--if the anti-gunners did not include very intelligent, effective people. Quit whining and get busy nullifying their effect.

Beretta92FSLady

The host solidified, beyond his expectations, the point he would like to drive home, that firearm owners are maniacs.

Jones didn't help, he is a link in a chain of firearm loudmouths that degrade the perception of firearm owners. Now I have to explain to individuals that this f*cking maniac Jones is not the average firearm owner.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Please let us make our own arguments, and then try to refute them, not your own easily defused strawmen.

I worry, as a RKBA advocate, being lumped together with this nutjob and being dismissed as a result, despite approaching the argument from a rational perspective. Alex Jones and folks who support him damage our ability to rationally present the argument for the RKBA. I do not worry about boobs suddenly opposing guns because of him.

Did that clear up the opposing view enough for you to argue against it instead of arguing against invented views?

Huh!?!

WalkingWolf

There are no laws against nutjob speech. Those that can't recognize a nutjob and use them for a argument are just as nutty. Those that are against guns and fear them will still fear them without the nutjobs. Remember without the nutjobs Tricky Dick would never had to resign.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
OK. I just watched the first few minutes of the Alex Jones-Piers Morgan interview.

Hilarious! I love the way Jones smashes through Morgan's deceptive little tactics. Hahahahahhahaha!

"...You had to flee here!" Bwhahahahahahaha!!

What? Some of you have no stomach for a forceful personality? I saw an angry man, not a nutty man. He brought facts, and statistics. He anticipated Morgan's pathetic tactics; and Morgan was so thrown off he even tried a tactic Jones had pre-emptively nullified--twisting the focus onto gun deaths instead of overall violence in England.

I'm done. Y'all can go on whining about Jones if you want to.

EMNofSeattle

This guy is just as big of backside of a donkey~~He is anti open carry.

So?????

is there a point in there???

The issue I brought up the video for is not the legality of open carry or opinions on it. YM has stated in previous videos he doesn't think it's a good idea to open carry and then film videos of themselves resisting police officers. that's a personal opinion, no statement has been made saying OC should be illegal. but this is all OT anyway.

WalkingWolf

So?????

is there a point in there???

The issue I brought up the video for is not the legality of open carry or opinions on it. YM has stated in previous videos he doesn't think it's a good idea to open carry and then film videos of themselves resisting police officers. that's a personal opinion, no statement has been made saying OC should be illegal. but this is all OT anyway.
Because he is a jack arse, and you are using one jack arse to discredit another, it makes no sense, and is just as bad as Alex Jones.

I get you don't like Alex, but why not just say so instead of bringing yet another goof ball into it?

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

OK. I just watched the first few minutes of the Alex Jones-Piers Morgan interview.

Hilarious! I love the way Jones smashes through Morgan's deceptive little tactics. Hahahahahhahaha!

"...You had to flee here!" Bwhahahahahahaha!!

What? Some of you have no stomach for a forceful personality? I saw an angry man, not a nutty man. He brought facts, and statistics. He anticipated Morgan's pathetic tactics; and Morgan was so thrown off he even tried a tactic Jones had pre-emptively nullified--twisting the focus onto gun deaths instead of overall violence in England.

I'm done. Y'all can go on whining about Jones if you want to.

We have to take into consideration the two statists in this thread who are worried about how this guy makes us look. Instead of concentrating on his logic and points (contrary to their own argument) they concentrate on his manner of speaking and reputation. Sounds so much like the thinking of the anti's.

Because he is a jack arse, and you are using one jack arse to discredit another, it makes no sense, and is just as bad as Alex Jones.

I get you don't like Alex, but why not just say so instead of bringing yet another goof ball into it?

Because one fits his agenda and the other doesn't.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Nobody is making you watch !

I was called an extremist for selling handguns to folks from chicago

I am now being called a terrorist for filing simple FOIA requests

And the FAA said "OK, thanks" when I called them in JUL 2001 about lax security at Logan airport

So lots of people with strong viewpoints are always called one name or another ...

Alex was right on at least this point: if laws are passed to ban semi-automatics then a civil war is a possibility...the question is: whose side are you going to be on .. and if you not with one side, your with the other.

eye95

Why do folks keep confusing having strong viewpoints with being a nutjob.

Most here have strong viewpoints.

Alex Jones is a nutjob.

There is a difference.